MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     June 21, 2018, 10:56:32 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAirsoft ForumWhat airsoft kit do you have? »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 14242 times) 1 [2] 3 4

Re: What airsoft kit do you have?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:06:12 AM » by karbine
RB, I would be very interested in purchasing one of these so if you do intend to order please count me in Smiley

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 10:12:16 AM » by RB
OK sure, I'm not in any rush so maybe we get some interest in some other stuff from other guys.

One tip about Natchez's site - it is sometimes not easy to find what you want, some stuff appears to be unavailble for search, but if you navigate via http://www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?contentID=categoryList you should find everything.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 17:58:35 PM » by Sindagon
al jista jkun form what website did you buy the acu's swarm? are they compulsory for mtac activities or no? ax right now what i have is the 1980's german army olive drab uniform.  i also wanted to ask, is the m4 stronger (fps) than the mp5?

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 18:04:39 PM » by sasmalta
We also intend to get a Chronograph at the VSR in order to avoid injuries from over-powered AEGs.

The Combro CB-625 is very affordable and ideal for airsoft, I've had mine for several years and it's very reliable and consistent.  As a plus, in case you accidentally shoot it (which seems to be a matter of when, not if) the aftersales service is excellent Smiley

EXCELLENT TOOL I ORDER MINE DIRECTLY FROM COMBRO.
http://www.chronoscopes.com/
Excellent service - Just order and its here before you say AMEN....Plus postage free for EU countries !
I order also cells directly from them GBP 1.50 for 10 here they ask you Lm1 each ... Grin

For those who want to use it with airguns get the Alignment tool to allign the chrono with your bore and its also has other functions:
Ruler - ideal to measure your POI
High intensity LED torch light -

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 19:26:04 PM » by swarm
i got the ACU from www.ehobbyasia.com. Be careful about the size as had to order separate trousers. But if you are of average build they are ok. ACUs are not compulsory at MTAC, we only decided that if someone is going to buy a uniform then they get ACUs if they like them. However we have members that use woodland DPMs, tiger stripe and even US Tri Colour Desert. Some new members who don't have a uniform can use whatever they feel comfortable in, as long as they don't mind getting it dirty  Smiley So your German Army uniform is more than suitable.

What is an important thing that we stress at MTAC is adequate face protection during activities. We have two levels. Level 1 comprises eyewear and is used when shooting against static targets. When skirmishing or training against fellow members then Level 2 protection is required, being eye protection (rated glasses or goggles) and face protection (face mask, balaclava, sheemagh, scarf, etc). Body protection in the form of relatively thick clothing is also recommended as t-shirts still leave your arms exposed.

The M4 and the MP5 both have standard FPS of 85-95m/s, however some feel that the M4 is more powerful. This is partly due to the M4 using a 9.6 battery while the MP5 uses an 8.4 battery.

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 23:25:21 PM » by Sindagon
hey thanks for the reply.  Well im average height, about 1 metre 80 so i guess a large would do.  Does that website sell the acu's as sets or separately? and are they original us army mil spec or imitations. anyways i think acu's look f***ing cool, ezpescially the boonies and the helmets with acu helmet covers.

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 23:36:38 PM » by swarm
They only ahve them in sets. You can check the exact size from the site as they have sizing charts. My only problem was with the trousers as the jacket fits perfectly. I guess I have a little extra around the six pack  Wink They also have boonies and ACU covers. I have both. In one of the pics there is a guy with a black tactical vest. His whole kit was from the site and they fitted perfectly so if you are careful with the sizes you should have no problem.

They are not originals with regards to material but are to the exact specs of the originals: slanting pockets, pen pockets in sleeves, drawstrings on thigh pockets, calf magazine pocket, drawstrings. The works. If you want 100% originals then go to Mercs in B'Kara. He has them direct from the US manufacturer. The only difference is in the material.

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 09:13:07 AM » by Sindagon
is that a CA m15 a4 cqb at the guy with the black beanie? what do you think about that gun? any good jew?

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 09:16:45 AM » by Sindagon
is the material of the acu's still rip stop and overall tough even though they arent original?

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 18:09:57 PM » by swarm
The CA M15A4 is good and reliable. Basically all CA AEGs have approximately the same standards with regards to reliability and FPS. It is more an issue of what weapon you like. Obviously you can add a lot of extras to the M15/M4 such as scope, foregrip, bipod, PEQ2, etc.

With regards to the ACU material, it is quite tough but am not sure if it is ripstop. I will have to check on that.

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 17:42:12 PM » by Sindagon
doesn't the size of the battery make a difference in the rate of fire only?

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 17:57:48 PM » by karbine
doesn't the size of the battery make a difference in the rate of fire only?

Correct, it's the spring that provides the muzzle energy to the BBs, irrespective of what motor or battery is driving it.

However, rate of fire *does* make a difference in power because it provides a greater weight of fire per unit time.

As a practical example, both the M240 and the Minigun fire the same 7.62mm round, but <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_k59nAHXv8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/z_k59nAHXv8</a> Wink

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 22:51:29 PM » by Sindagon
I thought it would be interesting to mention this:

A couple of years back I had made a Ghillie suit to use in night/military style games at venture scouts. It took a good 4 days of work. I started off with a british army NBC (nuclear/biological/chemical) suit.  These things are cheap, about Lm 6 and come in two pieces: trouser & shirt/jacket. The camo is woodland DPM. These are supposed to be disposable.  Then i sowed on some unused camo netting all over the back of the trousers and shirt to serve as attachment points for the rest of the bushy stuff. Then we tore up xeba xeba old shirts and rags and xkejjer (mainly brown, green, beige and black colour) into long strips and tied them onto the net. This was the part that took xeba time. then we sprayed naqa paint for some effect. i had done it with two others but one was just showing us how since he had done one already. Insomma in the end it came looking pretty darn good. a decent bush. I remember that in the game we had played, the OPFOR hadn't managed to spot us imma they smelt the smell of paint since we had only finished painting them that morning lol. I just thought I'd share this as it could be useful to airosfters. Do you guys think it they could be used in MTAC activities jew naqa overkill izzejjed lol. anyways kieku you can organize a couple of nights were you can all make one together. It only costed about Lm 9 max if you count the paint and old tee shirts.  I'll try post some pics of it later on. Ghiduli x'tahsbu nies.

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 22:57:34 PM » by swarm
A ghille suit is very effective, especially in a woodland environment. The VSR is an ideal place. We have one member who had also mad a ghille suit and he used it once. He was OPFOR and two people were looking for him. After 30 minutes we called it off as they could not find him. They actually passed by him and were only centimetres away yet they did not see him. It was during the night but still the ghille suit is a very effective method of concealment.

Please post some pics so that we get the general idea and maybe bring it down to the VSR if you are interested in trying it out. You are more than welcome  Cool

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 20:41:31 PM » by sasmalta
I thought it would be interesting to mention this:

A couple of years back I had made a Ghillie suit to use in night/military style games at venture scouts. It took a good 4 days of work. I started off with a british army NBC (nuclear/biological/chemical) suit.  These things are cheap, about Lm 6 and come in two pieces: trouser & shirt/jacket. The camo is woodland DPM. These are supposed to be disposable.  Then i sowed on some unused camo netting all over the back of the trousers and shirt to serve as attachment points for the rest of the bushy stuff. Then we tore up xeba xeba old shirts and rags and xkejjer (mainly brown, green, beige and black colour) into long strips and tied them onto the net. This was the part that took xeba time. then we sprayed naqa paint for some effect. i had done it with two others but one was just showing us how since he had done one already. Insomma in the end it came looking pretty darn good. a decent bush. I remember that in the game we had played, the OPFOR hadn't managed to spot us imma they smelt the smell of paint since we had only finished painting them that morning lol. I just thought I'd share this as it could be useful to airosfters. Do you guys think it they could be used in MTAC activities jew naqa overkill izzejjed lol. anyways kieku you can organize a couple of nights were you can all make one together. It only costed about Lm 9 max if you count the paint and old tee shirts.  I'll try post some pics of it later on. Ghiduli x'tahsbu nies.
I do not think a ghillie suite is an over kill, especially if you would like to stick to a sniper role. Obviously a ghillie would not be so comfortable for normal tactical training but in skirmish ... that is very much needed. Some 5-6 years ago when I used to do airsoft in weekend during my work trips in Holland/Germany we some times used punchos mocked up with material for ghillie suits. A lot of different materials we used directly (mehjtin) can find the word !. They were standard issue GI or ex Soviet Punchos OD or Grey. A lot of natural materials such as flour sacks were stripped in 2 to 4 inch stripps with a knife. All the strips were coloured with natural colours such as tea , coffie, water with carcoal, mud, moss in hot water etc. The effect use to look very natural then punchos were soaked in water and turf and other bits and pieces of earth covered them for 2 days.
The effect is extrem natural. These punchos were worn by snipers or spotters looking or observing opposing teams. The used to stay put up to 2 days , with little food , no smokes and very carefull where to do their duty  Grin.

Finding them was difficulty and if one spotted you and followed you group when you think it is safe the oppposing team would strike. Snipers used to fire shots only in a defending role. I tried it once. I could not be seen but my habbits exposed me and I did not last long then  Grin

(Read 14242 times) 1 [2] 3 4
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD