MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     June 22, 2018, 18:01:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsOptics, Sighting SystemsAny Docter sights around ? »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 3896 times) [1]

Any Docter sights around ?
« on: March 29, 2009, 22:46:09 PM » by Vincent
Does anybody know if Docter, red dot reflex sights are available ?
Even a cheap clone would do ( or should I say...er more within my immediate reach).

I would like to check how it fits on my Famae mini Saf with 21mm rail.
If anyone has one of these sight I would like to see how it fits on this carbine, not to mention have a quick look to see if the small sight aperture ( the Docter has a tiny sight window) is to my liking.

Thanks.

Re: Any Docter sights around ?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 00:19:36 AM » by RF11

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:05:47 AM » by Sturmgewehr
I saw something similar to a docter sights at a adventure and survival shop in Mosta.

Regards

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 08:34:14 AM » by Quantumshot
If you wish the Doctor sight we can deliver but in most cases the cost of these sights do not justify the use.
We have in stock a consignment of Hawke Reflex sight, which is a very reliable reflex sight which we installed on a number of our customers' rifles, handguns and shotguns.  If you read the specs and features below you will note its quite something.

Euro € 170.00c (less 5% discount)

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/red_dot/reflex.php

Features
• Wide FOV
• Brightness control
• Parallax free to 40yds
• inc. Adjustment scale
• Designed for Quick Target Acquisition, Rapid-Fire and moving targets
• 4 M.O.A

The tubeless design of the reflex lens aperture provides a wide field of view. Besides normal shooting it’s suitable for rapid-firing or shooting moving targets.

The automatic red dot brightness adjustment uses an integrated control circuit. This adjusts the brightness of the aiming dot to varying ambient light levels.The brightness sensor on the front side of the sight, senses the brightness in the target direction.When the target surroundings are dark, the red dot will be dimmer.When target surroundings are bright, the red dot will be brighter.

The red dot is firmly factory adjusted parallax free to 40 yards. This adjustment ensures the parallax related aiming errors are minimised over a large distance range. This red dot does not contain a separate on/off switch. When the red dot sight is covered, it is in the power-saving mode (off). When the cover is removed, the red dot is turned on automatically. Hawke Reflex Dot measures 4 M.O.A.

Red Dot Reticle:
Providing quick and easy target acquisition.

Regards
Eric
Quantum

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 11:18:39 AM » by magnum
R11 - that cat is sooo cute! Is it your pet? I love pussies too much. Errr - I mean the furry ones. Ooops - I mean the four legged ones. Too many dirty minds here I fear.  Grin

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:00:44 PM » by RF11
R11 - that cat is sooo cute! Is it your pet? I love pussies too much. Errr - I mean the furry ones. Ooops - I mean the four legged ones. Too many dirty minds here I fear.  Grin

No I got it off a website that takes funny pics of cats and adds comments to make a joke but that one I posted above was 'relevant to my interests' so was relevnat to this thread. Here is the website if you want a laugh: http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Quantum what do you think of mounting this kind or reddot to the B&T TP9?

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 13:16:00 PM » by Quantumshot
RF11

I tried that out a few weeks ago and found it very comfortable with the B&T TP9.
I will remove the Aimpoint T1 and mount this Reflex sight for you to check out.
In my opinion your Eotech setup is a bit on the heavy side for the TP9, even though an excellent optic tool.

Rgds
Eric
Quantum

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 21:21:57 PM » by RF11
Thanks will come and get one.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 01:57:41 AM » by LCD
I think that some thing like this will be better than the acog on my Beretta storm. May be I can get it to co-witness in line with the iron sights.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 08:42:46 AM » by Quantumshot
LCD
I don't know if it will co-witness with the Storm sights, however its quite low, at least much lower than the Acog.
RF11 just got one and we mounted it on the B&T TP9.  It does not co-witness with the TP9 iron sights cause they are very low however the Reflex sight sat on very naturally and you don't need to neck out or struggle to get a cheek weld.
Rgds
Eric
Quantum

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 13:03:11 PM » by RF11
LCD
I don't know if it will co-witness with the Storm sights, however its quite low, at least much lower than the Acog.
RF11 just got one and we mounted it on the B&T TP9.  It does not co-witness with the TP9 iron sights cause they are very low however the Reflex sight sat on very naturally and you don't need to neck out or struggle to get a cheek weld.
Rgds
Eric
Quantum

(Read 3896 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD