MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     April 22, 2018, 22:55:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsShotgun SportFabarm SAT 8 not ejecting sheels »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 24132 times) [1] 2 3 4

Fabarm SAT 8 not ejecting sheels
« on: December 04, 2009, 18:13:37 PM » by Pierre Farrugia
Hello all,

I have just bought a Fabarm SAT 8 and is not ejecting any shells at all. First time I tried it out, shot 32 28g shells and none were ejected. Then cleaned it and lubricated it and tried it out again. First I shot 10 28g shells, none ejected, the 30g - not ejected, 32g same and the 34g just ejected it. Inside all looks good. I will go with it to the local agent, but anyone has any idea, what to check for ?

Thanks

Pierre

Malta Tactical Airsoft Club

******   http://www.mtac.110mb.com/    ******

Re: Fabarm SAT 8 not ejecting sheels
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 18:53:15 PM » by RF11
Is the Sat 8 semi or pump? Also take a look at the bolt, the ejector/extractor may be broken.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 18:57:58 PM » by magnum
Is the Sat 8 semi or pump? Also take a look at the bolt, the ejector may be broken.

SAT 8 is semi-auto. If manual racking of the bolt does eject the shells then it's not a broken ejector. Odd as the SAT 8 should be able to function with a range of loads.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 19:02:02 PM » by magnum
BTW, does the SAT 8 have some manual gas adjust system to cater for light/heavy loads? Just thinking as many modern gas semi-autos have self regulating systems.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 19:20:13 PM » by BLACK EAGLE
If the large diameter of pistion fits into cylinder all the way true, turn it opposit position .

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 19:51:24 PM » by Pierre Farrugia
SAT 8 is semi auto, will eject shell is manually racked. Piston is one way only as it is not symetrical.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 20:15:39 PM » by Quantumshot
Pierre I have no idea about the Fabarm SAT-8 however from the picture your piston ring gap seems really wide. Don't know if this is normal on the SAT-8 but you could be having pressure losses from it and thus the non cycling.  Best either ask the agent or try to check the ring gap with someone else's SAT-8, so you can see if there are any differences.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 23:15:53 PM » by max248
The best pic u could find.Hope this helps

LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 05:36:30 AM » by Pierre Farrugia
Hello all,

I think I found the problem, as in the black ring there is space for an o-ring, and no o-ring and think gas is escaping from there!

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 19:31:54 PM » by Pierre Farrugia
Today tried my shotgun out after I found a missing o-ring. Shotgun is still not ejecting28 and 30g sheels. Did eject 32g correctly. Any one have ideas,as dealer suggesrted cutting recoil spring, of which I am not happy with. Any ony have the Sat8? Will take it to dealer next thur.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 19:44:36 PM » by RB
Missing o-ring, gun not ejecting... hmmmm.

No I don't think I'd be happy with a "fix" consisting of cutting any recoil springs.

If the gun was purchased new and under warranty then I would expect it to be fixed properly, if the recoil spring truly is the wrong one i.e. too stiff then Fabarm should supply the correct one, I'm quite convinced that they don't go around cutting springs...  Roll Eyes

The missing o-ring seems to me to tell a story, if it really was missing. Try fiind an exploded diagram and see how this gun should be assembled.

But anyway you should have a fully working gun and you don't and to be honest with you its not your problem to sort it out.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 19:50:57 PM » by Pierre Farrugia
RB, actually I found the missing spring. I am asking here so no on will "ibellali ir-rosss bil-labra. When I go with it.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 19:54:26 PM » by RB
Good. Maybe you saw this:

http://www.fabarm.com/en/hunting-shotguns-italy-exclusive-features-pulse-piston.htm

Helps to understand how it works, and what could possibly be wrong.

Need to add that the system is common with some other Fabarm semis so doing a search for "fabarm not cycling" or "not ejecting" may help.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 08:28:42 AM » by Rennie
Guys personally I do not won a fabarm semi, however a frined of mine does and he has the same problem. Apparently, the fabarm needs pretty strong loads to cycle, something which is not told at the moment of purchase. It is a very nice and indeed a good semiauto tactical shotgun. However as other people suggested, I would do a full search on problems with cycling and ejection, and then turn on the local dealer for a 'professional' way to solve the issue, and not just cutting the recoil spring for heaven's sake!!!!
I am aware that what I have just said might not help much, howevre I tought of letting you guys know that it seems to be a common problem with fabarm, so maybe you would want to check with other peolple who own a fabarm sat-8 and see what they have done about the issue. I have seen fabarm sat-8 last saturday at Hal Far working properly so most probably you can find some help.

good luck guy. I would not tamper with internal parts on the first instance, as it was rightly suggested, you bought a new shotgun, frankly quite costly, and you should expect to get that in return if anything is wrong!!! Wink

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 09:11:06 AM » by wettinger
The Fabarm Sat 8 it works the Franchi system, in the piston you have to spray some oil, tham it ejects
regularly even with 24 grams. Sometimes when they coming to shoot here I give them the oil than ejects
the empty shells. thier secret is the OIL..!!!!! Wink

(Read 24132 times) [1] 2 3 4
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29976 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD