MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     January 20, 2018, 10:51:17 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsMaintenance and ModsBlank firing GSG5 »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1215 times) [1]

Blank firing GSG5
« on: January 17, 2010, 18:18:57 PM » by Pierre Farrugia
Hello all,

Anyone knows if one can make a GSG5 to fire .22lr ? Is it a matter of having an orifice to product, blow back? Is there any formula on how wide the orifice should be? Any help appriciated.

Thanks

Pierre

Malta Tactical Airsoft Club

******   http://www.mtac.110mb.com/    ******

Re: Blank firing GSG5
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 00:05:47 AM » by Vincent
Pierre, in a blowback firearm its generally just a  question of reducing the bore diameter to increase te pressure.
However sometimes you might get anomalies like out of battery fire and hole cloging with blown case fragments.
The chief problem is finding the right ammo and tuning the orifice with the action.
Its best to start with low power loads, but how in heck are you going to do this with 22 lr?

You might be able to getaway with using 22 caliber nail driver blanks ( avaialble  22, 25 and 27 caliber), BUT remember to start with low power levels first.

You might want to construct a variable orifice ( taper grub screw in 60 degree drill hole), to tune the gun to ammo. Most theatrical stuff will require that the exit holes ( 3 or more) are at an angle to prevent fragments from exiting straight from the bore. Some blank adapters used for these purposes have deflector plates installed for safety as well.
Also watch out for out of battery firing and bits flying out of the ejector port.

Naturally I am not telling you what to do. I am merely letting you know some of the potential hazards; At least this is what I have observed with some field experience in the film industry.

Oh ! Film, and theatrical blank ammo is not the asme as blank military ammo.
Film ammo needs to deliver the right amount of flash for best effect; The powder used is usually very very fast so its not a good idea to mess with it.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 15:01:56 PM » by LCD
Pierre, the gun will get filthy after a few rounds. I donít know how that particular firearm will perform with carbon buildup.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 16:08:15 PM » by Pierre Farrugia
If I can shoot 10 to 20 rounds will be great.

Malta Tactical Airsoft Club

******   http://www.mtac.110mb.com/    ******

(Read 1215 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29969 Posts
4691 Topics
628 Members
Latest Member: bartairsoft