MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     January 20, 2018, 10:55:36 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsMaintenance and ModsGuns and shooting!!! »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1203 times) [1]

Guns and shooting!!!
« on: March 18, 2010, 20:26:37 PM » by Tuner
How time flies.   Years roll by so swiftly that we do not even notice that the world has changed so much!  Sometimes I look around me with amazement. Is this real?  In shops I can see rows and rows of revolvers, pistols and rifles. Air rifles, of the latest technological design and concept are here for the buying!!!!  Telescopes!!! and shining metallic ammunition lie in boxes in shop windows!!!!  Am I dreaming?   Happily this is real.   Sadly, I can have all this now, in my twilight years.    I suppose I should consider myself lucky that I have survived to see this at all because the struggle has been so long!!!!!!

This change would not have come about were it not for the splendid work done by a dedicated few, who had the vision and the courage to plod on even when other local shooting organisations , instead of helping, continuosly put 'spanners in the works' to sabotage the success of the few who toiled so hard for all this to materialise!   I am so indebted to these people, and hope that, others, sometimes stop to think and find out for themselves how this have come to be.   The tragedy is that most never care, and just enjoy their chosen sport without giving a hoot of who were those who brought this all about!!!!

May the shooting fraternity in Malta remain an example of sincere sportsmanship and good behaviour to serve as a shining  example for all other sporting activities in these small beautiful Islands we call home.

Tuner

Re: Guns and shooting!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 21:01:20 PM » by S&W in .38
Amen!  Smiley

-- Mervyn Borg

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 21:39:34 PM » by XCapt
Words of Wisdom.

Beam me up Scotty. There's no longer any intelligent life down here.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 16:53:18 PM » by dvd
Well said Tuner. Smiley

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 23:06:49 PM » by magnum
You said it all there Tuner. I will always remain proud to have been there in the thick of it as one of those few you mention!

(Read 1203 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29969 Posts
4691 Topics
628 Members
Latest Member: bartairsoft