MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     July 20, 2018, 09:51:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumOther StuffWelcome and About...Hello chaps... »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 2370 times) [1]

Hello chaps...
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:38:14 AM » by draftsmann
New member here - Adrian Sacco.  Nice to see a couple of familiar names (the very astute Mr RB and the thoroughly gentlemanly Mr Quantumshot).  Have been dividing my time between Malta and Britain for years, and now that a small corner of my building site has been earmarked for a gunroom I finally have in my sights the moving of my large collection of interesting air rifles.

Unlikely that I'll do much actual shooting here - my "thing" is shooting my supper, but apparently someone else has already shot everything worth eating, and I find paper targets and clays give me indigestion.  Besides, I have the opportunity to shoot rabbits, hares, pigeons, pheasants and partridge in one of the less-crowded bits of the British Isles.

I will be looking for some advice on the procedures etc for actually moving my toys here...and it would be nice to meet a few other collectors.

Cheers guys,

Adrian  Grin

Re: Hello chaps...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:06:00 AM » by Quantumshot
Hi Adrian
Welcome back on our rock again.  Grin
Long timmmmmeeeeeee no see.
I hope you haven't let go of your excellent cooking talent  Tongue
Regards
Eric

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:26:04 PM » by Lawrence Darmanin
Hi Adrian,

Nice to have a new shooter with international shooting experience joining our ranks here. But please don't forget to bring your Rennies or Alka Selzer along with your guns as most probably if you want to shoot them in Malta it will have to be on paper targets only! However, wild rabbit hunting with airguns is allowed here and then licence is only given after a lengthy procedure and is highly restrictive in this sort of shooting.

With respect to importing your guns, try to email Sgt. Bunce at the Weapons Office on bernard.bunce@gov.mt and he will be most pleased to give you all the information necessary.

We look forward to hearing from you on this forum.

Best Regards
Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 14:46:36 PM » by draftsmann
I now live in Bormla, so only five minutes from your shop, Eric - and have been meaning to call in for ages.  Hope your collection is growing, and the family well.  Yes, I still cook, and eat, as the waistline testifies!

Speak soon,

Adrian

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 14:53:08 PM » by draftsmann
Lawrence - thank you for the advice.  Main priority will be to get my toys here in the next few months, but to be honest they are likely to live on the wall of my new gunroom and rarely see the light of day.  Where I live when not here (the Isle of Man, between England and Ireland) I can shoot all the rabbits I want, so no great urge to work through too much red tape to be able to shoot their Maltese cousins.

I will contact Sgt Bunce.  He sounds as helpful as his Manx counterpart.

Cheers

Adrian

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 14:57:50 PM » by Quantumshot
I now live in Bormla, so only five minutes from your shop, Eric - and have been meaning to call in for ages.  Hope your collection is growing, and the family well.  Yes, I still cook, and eat, as the waistline testifies!

Speak soon,

Adrian

Hi Adrian
Good to hear you then.  Wink

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 15:13:16 PM » by Lawrence Darmanin
You are most welcome Adrian and can tell you how lucky you are to be partly living in IOM as well. They have lovely countryside and excellent shooting ranges there.
 Last September our team was participating at the European Commonwealth Shooting Championships at the Isle of Man and our Shotgun boys managed to grab a Gold, Silver and a Bronze in Skeet and Trap. In the Target Shooting events unfortunately we could not repeat our success of the previous edition in Gibraltar where we got a Silver in the teams air-rifle and a bronze in the air-pistol, but were happy for William Vella and myself to get record scores and personal bests in the 50m .22 prone rifle.

Its a great pity we did not meet at that time.
Lawrence

(Read 2370 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD