MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     August 19, 2018, 12:18:25 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsOptics, Sighting SystemsLeupold Manufacturing Facility Video »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 7238 times) [1] 2

Leupold Manufacturing Facility Video
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:24:56 PM » by RB

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

Re: Leupold Manufacturing Facility Video
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 20:16:48 PM » by RB

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 22:11:24 PM » by Vincent
Most interesting facility.
They're doing 2 shift in the clean area, is that x2 12 hour shifts or x2 8hr ?
Dont know what labour laws are in the states, just wondering loud.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:33:43 PM » by centerfire
Interesting video. Thanks for sharing! Wink

S.F.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 02:18:51 AM » by LCD
Great movies. I like Leopold scopes they make an awesome product. The result is bright and clear picture.  I’ve got a VX2 on my Swiss Arms and VX3 on my Merkel.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 21:03:33 PM » by 1shot1kill
Great service too Cheesy just sent over my MK4 Tactical for servicing . The scope was returned FOC by courier direct to my home in under 6 weeks. As for the quality I would say pretty good glass even if a little over-rated IMHO Grin

…overkill never fails

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 16:49:28 PM » by K38
You h

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 18:52:27 PM by K38 »

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 16:58:53 PM » by RB
True K38, the story (true or not) is that they are designed to be replicas, for airsoft enthusiasts.

Quite easy to tell though, they all have the same serial, 8888SC.

It's not quite the Chinese ebayers who attempt to fool (as they don't generally advertise them as Leupold, and they sell these scopes for not much money, so it's quite obvious what you are getting) but some resellers of these scopes who come up with amazing stories of having found this scope during a garage clearout, or were given it as a gift by a grandfather (yes seen them all!) so they know nothing about it, bla bla bla, bla bla bla... and they seem to get away with re-selling these on for quite serious money.

You know who you are dealing with if you ask for the serial and they don't give it, but the easiest is to ask whether the "model" is 8888SC that you are after... and they usually confirm  Grin

RB

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 18:30:07 PM » by K38
True K38, the story (true or not) is that they are designed to be replicas, for airsoft enthusiasts.
Thats a good one I must remember that..
Quite easy to tell though, they all have the same serial, 8888SC.

Quite easy to tell ,maybe so, when you know what to look for.!!!!!!!!!.

I agree the quality is only for airsoft ..

Not that many people are interestad but the EU has strong laws on exactly this type of thing..

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 18:36:51 PM » by K38
So i

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 18:51:49 PM by K38 »

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 18:41:09 PM » by leo
I had seen those videos directly from the Leupold site recently, as I was trying to familiarise myself with scopes.

Can anyone supply links to sites that provide information on scopes in general, and answers about what this thing and that are used for? Thanks.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 20:31:04 PM » by LCD

One place that has a decent selection including Leopolds (with information) is Optics planet. Shipping is costly but they carry many things that I like.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 11:14:31 AM » by magnum
I wonder whether this Opticplanet delivers to Malta? Also what is the difference between normal mildot reticle and Leupold's "Tactical Milling Reticle (TMR)"?

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 15:24:51 PM » by 1shot1kill
TMR 1/2 mil fine line to line as opposed to Mildot 1 mil dot to dot. A definite step forward .

…overkill never fails

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 18:18:20 PM » by magnum
TMR 1/2 mil fine line to line as opposed to Mildot 1 mil dot to dot. A definite step forward .

Understood thanks. So this newer reticle should assist in precision shooting at long range.

(Read 7238 times) [1] 2
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD