MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     February 22, 2018, 14:39:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsArchery, Crossbowswhere can one buy arrowheads here in malta? »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 2807 times) [1]

where can one buy arrowheads here in malta?
« on: April 29, 2010, 08:35:27 AM » by Feinwerkbau
Without the use of the internet i mean.

Regards,
           charlo.

Re: where can one buy arrowheads here in malta?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 16:31:56 PM » by Vincent
Local source willl be difficult, if you mean broadheads, since there is not much hunting scope for this item here.
If you are looking for ordinary target piles then I suppose most shops that do field archecy will have them; These are much tougher than broads and yes can take a bunny with them, but for this use, best is a 9mm empty case for a "point".
Cheap and plenty of wallop !

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 17:36:16 PM » by kelinu
Try 'Hobbies' in Victoria.

“Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer”
― Sun Tzu

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 16:07:36 PM » by LCD
I agree with Vince - he gave you a very good, inexpensive remedy for small game hunting. If you use field points or broad heads you will likely penetrate the animal right through and loose the arrow. The best way for small game is to use blunts and kill them humanely. You might source out the once that look like a spider (with many legs).

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 18:01:39 PM » by Vincent
A heavy shaft tipped with a 9mm empty case from a 55 lb glass bow, will go almost staright through a rabbit at 20 yards or so.
The shock delivered is tremendous; Target should leap and knock about a bit and thats it. A sharp arrow will ceratinly be ruined or lost, plus the animal will just take off like a rocket.
But anyway, we dont really know what charlot wants them for, so we jumped the gun a bit :-)
Forgive us charlot !

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 10:00:31 AM » by Feinwerkbau
i was looking for broad heads,not for hunting just for my arrows to look nice ;].

Thanks for your help.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:43 PM » by Vincent
Oh sorry about that Fein.
Tell you what, I still have one surviving 3 bladed point, on a crossbow shaft; new unused that you can have for free. Call me 99454151.

(Read 2807 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29972 Posts
4693 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD