MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     January 20, 2018, 11:06:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAirsoft ForumAirsoft GBB Pistols »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1173 times) [1]

Airsoft GBB Pistols
« on: February 02, 2008, 17:23:58 PM » by Sindagon
So,

I was wondering what is a good gbb pistol to get? I heard of many brands such as ksc, kjw, kwa, tm etc etc. Which is the best brand to go with? my main priority is durability, i dont want it to break down after a couple of mags. My intent is to use it for skirmishes but if it can also double for use in one of the MAPS divisions then its better. Bhala model i was looking for either a glock or a sig sauer p226 or an hk usp. However the main priority remains durability. Also should metal parts be preferred? and what prices might I be looking at?

Rgds,
Sindagon

Re: Airsoft GBB Pistols
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 23:37:42 PM » by sasmalta
If you want details I suggest you come to the club house Wed 13th Feb 2008.
We will give a talk " Introduction to Airsoft Practical Shooting" there we will highlight this subject in detail.

Any pistol you like will do until it is a Gas Blow Back 6mm. The important thing for MAPS is that it has working safety as on the real steel pistol. For example if you get a Glock it must have a working trigger safe not so other device, and a Sig or USP must have a working lever type safe.Then its just a metter of placing it in one of the divisions.

In Airsoft Practical Shooting there are 4 divisions, Production, Standard, Open and 1911 single stack. The Production Division is dedicate to most pistols out of the box without modifications or enhencments other then those of supplied by the OEM, and the gun must be qualified by IAPS specifications (we have already qualified a bunch) by regions and the IAPS congress.
Further info can be found here.Download and see the production division document.
http://www.airsoft-shooting.org/spip.php?page=backend&id_rubrique=5

Metal or ABS or a combination ?
Metal is always better for feel and weight however ABS pistols cannot be excluded.
Most of TM or WA pistols (Japanese) are ABS.
Taiwanese pistols like KJW, HFC, KSC and WE Tech are normally a combination of metal slides and abs frames or full metal.
Jap guns are more refined but ABS slides and frame with few metal parts. Taiwan guns are more complete even full metal but can be less refined however more value for money and less expensive then the Japs. However if you want to upgrade then its Jap guns you need to look into, but upgrades can cost you a fortune.

For skirmish any pistol would do however I would prefer a metal or combined metal/abs pistol for durability.
For MAPS any will do as the guns do not go through the same conditions.
Price range - I would say Lm 50 to max Lm 150 depending on type and make.
On the local market you will not find so many yet but a consignment is due ... see you next wed 13th Feb 2008.

(Read 1173 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29969 Posts
4691 Topics
628 Members
Latest Member: bartairsoft