MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     April 22, 2018, 23:05:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAir Pistols and RiflesDesert Eagle »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 16334 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5

Desert Eagle
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:02:10 AM » by kurtfalcon
I was thinking of bying an air pistol in the near future. I saw the Desert Eagle .177 recently and really started thinking about bying it but I don't want to run to conclusions. If any one has the Umarex Desert Eagle can you give me some reviews and are there any other better air pistols?

Kurtfalcon

Re: Desert Eagle
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:37:02 AM » by karbine
Stan (sasmalta) has a DE and can give you a better idea, but there are lots of pistols on the market, what did you have in mind - single shot, spring, single stroke pneumatic, precharged pneumatic, CO2, magazine capacity, power, accuracy, budget?

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 13:28:58 PM » by sasmalta
The DE from Umarex is a nice gun to have. It's made out of good quality ABS but has an internal steel frame so its quite heavy next to 1Kg. The DE is the first CO2 pistol in the Umarex series with Blow Back, but do not be misleaded. The Blow back serves only to cock the hammer it does not index the internal 8 shot drum but reduces the travel of the trigger to cock the hammer which is a bit of advantage but it is not really Single action after the first shot.

The DE has 2 disadvantages. It eats CO2  since part of the CO2 gas us used for the blow back. You can shoot 5 X 8 (40shots) with 1 CO2 cartridge. Then you get the message that the gas is running out, you will get 2 back strokes of the slide.  The other disadvantage is that the gun is big, which means that if you have medium hands size it might be a problem to correctly grip and push the trigger flat. I have no problem with my hands but it is not the most comfortable of guns.

The DE is one of the most powerfull CO2 around I chronoed mine at 400ft/s. When you shoot the gun its noise and the little recoil given by the slide makes you grinnnn......... Grin. It has weaver rails on the top slide and another at the bottom of the frame. This gives you easy access to fit a Red Dot sight, hence you can fully adjust. The original sights are front fixed and rear only adjustable for windage. The problem with fitting a red dot is then finding a holster.

My personal opinion about it is that I like very much and cannot complain.
For info about the DE look here - this is extremly  reliable source of info for all CO2 hand gun enthusiasts.
http://www.co2airguns.net/collection/Magnum%20Research%20Desert%20Eagle/index.htm

For more info about CO2 guns look here.
http://www.co2airguns.net/index.htm

Umarex made a new Blow Back modle its the Baretta PX4 Storm.

But I am not hearing very good things re-it pellet loading system.

Kurtfalcon may I suggest something ?
If you would like to get an air pistol for our type of competitions such as APCE 1000 and APCE Steel plate or maybe you are also interested in air pistol IPSC style events then do not look at a CO2 air pistol firing 0.177 lead pellets. Consider an Airsoft 6mm Gass Blow Back pistol. There are big advantages next to lead pellet pistols using CO2 in terms of competitivie speed shooting both in expences to run the pistol and the performance. Re accuracy, quality Airsoft GBB's are as accurate as the CO2 air pistols we are talking about, some times even better.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 15:14:51 PM » by kurtfalcon
Stan (sasmalta) has a DE and can give you a better idea, but there are lots of pistols on the market, what did you have in mind - single shot, spring, single stroke pneumatic, precharged pneumatic, CO2, magazine capacity, power, accuracy, budget?

I heard that spring pistols arent good, the pcp pistols I found on the internet aren't anywhere near my tastes as for looks, so I was thinking more of a CO2 with power and accuracy.

Kurtfalcon

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 15:23:27 PM » by kurtfalcon

Kurtfalcon may I suggest something ?
If you would like to get an air pistol for our type of competitions such as APCE 1000 and APCE Steel plate or maybe you are also interested in air pistol IPSC style events then do not look at a CO2 air pistol firing 0.177 lead pellets. Consider an Airsoft 6mm Gass Blow Back pistol. There are big advantages next to lead pellet pistols using CO2 in terms of competitivie speed shooting both in expences to run the pistol and the performance. Re accuracy, quality Airsoft GBB's are as accurate as the CO2 air pistols we are talking about, some times even better.

I am searching the net for info on Airsoft GBB's, thank you very much for the info especially the links.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 17:10:50 PM by kurtfalcon »

Kurtfalcon

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 16:07:19 PM » by SoundLab
Is Eric the Retailer for Umarex? If Eric does not sell Umarex, I'm sure Phoenix sells them if you are interested to buy the DE. But if I were you, I would try to find and compare other air pistols with the DE, so that you would be very proud and happy with your final choice.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 16:40:46 PM » by sasmalta
Note : Airsoft GBB's are subject to license and registration (TS-B) and there is a serial number issue. Airsoft serial numbers are not unique. Only a few Airsoft manufactureres do unique serial numbers. Retailers such as Eric has to coordinate such issue with suppliers otherwise the airsoft pistol and rifles will not be released. This is a burocratic issue that maybe needs to be addressed.
We agree with licencing and registration of airsoft but the authorities must understand that these are "lesser" powered guns and hence the majority do not carry a real serial number.

Before you buy an air pistol decide what you want to do with it.

1. Collection.
2. Accurate target shooting.
3. Dynamic fast shooting (still reasonably accurate)
4. Just plinking.

1.If for collection then get what you like.
2. If for accurate target shooting such as 10m indoor the you have to go for single shot pnumatic guns with fully adjustable grip and triggers.
3. Dynamic fast shooting CO2 pistol replicas (gamo or umarex type) can do but its better with airsoft GBB's.
4. Just plinking and even target shooting get a spring single action or pnumatic single shot like HW45 or HW40 or Gamo Compact all of which are quite accurate and cheap to operate (you need your own mussles only no gas). A CO2 will also do but it is more expensive to run. Single Shot spring or pneumatic (hand powered) are not ideal for dynamic shooting - you simply do not get that feeling...Karabine might elaborate. Grin

NEVER get a CO2 that shoot Steel 0.177 bb's they are simply H O P E L E S S .

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 17:04:53 PM » by kurtfalcon
Thanks very much for the info. What do you think of the Fienwerkbau as a PCP?

Kurtfalcon

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 17:13:57 PM » by RB

I think that starting off with asking about a CO2 plinker and ending with a 10m match pistol that costs probably as much as 10 plinkers means that you are still some way from making an informed choice...

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 17:27:54 PM » by kurtfalcon
I don't know the price of a 10m match pistol. I did not know that it was so expensive. So how much do you think the DE is?

Kurtfalcon

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 17:36:30 PM » by RB
It is better to re-read and take as credo, Stanley's post. Like he says, decide what you want it for.

I do think you will be happy with a decent multi-shot plinker, they are all you need unless you really want to punch small holes in paper, and even then, something like a co2 umarex will serve you pretty well until (and if) you want to get serious about the size of the holes.

I know very little about GBB pistols, so won't comment, but (as I think has been discussed elsewhere, again via Stanley's input) if you alternatively go for a umarex co2 "normal" pellet gun, one of the best is the 1911 clone, which does have as much power as any of them, desert eagle included.

Listen to Stan, the DE is fun, but even he is telling you that it has it's drawbacks. Probably a 1911 is a more reasonable choice.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 18:02:22 PM » by kurtfalcon
Infact I am thinking more of the Umarex now that I ve read info about it. I think pellets are better then BBs, but I ll take a look at the 1911 aswell.

Kurtfalcon

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 18:07:29 PM » by karbine
So how much do you think the DE is?

203 euros from Phoenix

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 21:31:47 PM » by SoundLab
1911, the Colt? In looks, the DE is much more beautiful in my opinion. It's true that looks aren't the most important thing, but then again, for what purpose do you need it?

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 22:01:50 PM » by sasmalta

Sorry not my type of pistol and not my type of pistol activity- that's for 10 meter indoor static shooting (olyimpic type).
Definitly it must be an excelent pistol for that sport. A friend of mine has a Walter LP200 very impressive accuracy.

(Read 16334 times) [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29976 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD