MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     June 21, 2018, 18:47:00 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsMaintenance and ModsWanted Professional Gunsmith »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1860 times) [1]

Wanted Professional Gunsmith
« on: November 24, 2010, 19:47:03 PM » by mildot
Anyone out there that can help me out on a custom precision rifle? I need someone that KNOWS how to do inletting and stock bedding!

Re: Wanted Professional Gunsmith
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 00:29:44 AM » by Quantumshot
For the inletting try Cisju tar-Router (il-Gharghur) and for the bedding try Windsor (they have a great selection)  Grin
Good luck  Grin

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:44:26 AM » by RB
So you have a stock blank that needs adapting to your rifle? Is that so? If so, try stockmaker on here and also try Gejtu, last I spoke to him the subject came up and he said he did that sort of work no problem.

The bedding itself, you can do yourself and have the quality of work that you desire, it's no big deal as long as you understand what you want to get done and how.

You can use plenty of materials for the bedding. Fr'example, I used Gel Coat Filler which hardens up very nicely yet retains a minimum of flex so it won't crack. So to speak, it is related to "hard metal" but is far harder and stronger (hard to sand down!) - hard metal is no good, too soft.

Just watch out for your chosen release agent - test, test, and test!!! The curing creates heat so what looks like it may be ideal, may simply melt and dissolve into the bedding agent, leaving you with a very "bedded" action!!!  Shocked

You may want to do it in parts just to be safe, but this is slightly trickier. I had bedded my 10/22, added another retention screw at the back of the action (usually there is only one, at the front) and also pillar bedded the front so as to ensure free floating of the barrel (normally the barrel rests in the stock. That is just 5% of what I did to it anyway!

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 12:03:28 PM » by Quantumshot
True Chris, as RB is saying why don't you do it yourself.
I am aware of no professionals in rifle bedding here so might as well do it yourself if there is no option.
Brownells offer various products and even video clips.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 22:15:18 PM » by bergerbullets
locally, the best you could rely on is yourself, I don't think anyone has real experience with professional bedding. closer to home, cicognani or armeria camuna are your best bets

range it, dial it, squeeze the round off.
Certified Precision Rifle Handloader, Basic & Advanced- Russell Simmonds Reloading School - UK

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 04:35:35 AM » by mildot
Hey, Berger can you send me their website please?

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 09:53:00 AM » by Vincent

(Read 1860 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD