MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     May 27, 2018, 18:16:13 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsArchery, CrossbowsArchery lanes?????? »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 2457 times) [1]

Archery lanes??????
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:20:19 PM » by lenniemathiesen
Hi.
Im new here in Malta, and I brought my compound hunting bow. Is there any archery lanes here in malta where I can shoot it??
Or if someone knows of a park or a remote place where I can set up my own target and practice.
THANKS A LOT
Lennie

Re: Archery lanes??????
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 13:05:39 PM » by RF11
There is the Malta Archery club, which used to have a range in Marsa and one indoor range in Pembroke. It's been over a decade since I used to practice but here is the contact I could find:

http://www.emau.org/index.php?option=com_qcontacts&view=contact&id=28%3Amlt&catid=46%3Ama&Itemid=109

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:15:27 PM » by lenniemathiesen
Thanks.
I called them a few days ago and they told me that I was not allowed to shoot my hunting bow at there targets. That it was to powerful!! :-(
I made my own target now and found a place where I can shoot it safe. Would be good to meet up with other people with hunting bows though!
But thanks anyway.
Lennie

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 13:31:00 PM » by LCD

Does any one shoot crossbows in Malta?  Those things are very powerful too.

It is quite easy to make your own archery targets. Pack a cardboard box with loose cloth (a lot of cloth material) and you're good to go. You would have to replace the box after a few sessions If you have access to products from Bass Pro, Cabella’s or Ganger Mountain, I would purchase their block targets. I have one and have been pounding it for the last 4 years. Some one told me that they have a product that can take broad heads too.

(Read 2457 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD