MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     December 17, 2018, 01:06:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumOther StuffWelcome and About...Hello from the UK »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1534 times) [1]

Hello from the UK
« on: June 08, 2011, 13:34:12 PM » by Blackstuff
Hi all  Grin

Just thought i'd introduce myself and say hello! I've been shooting on and off for the last 20 years, and have had my own FAC/SGC for just over 6. I'll try my hand at any type of shooting, but i mainly shoot clays, practical shotgun and decoy wood pigeons with my shotguns. With the rifles i compete in local gallery and mini rifle matches, but also have a .308 for longer range stuff and deer stalking.

I'm holidaying in Malta this year, probably September-ish and was wondering if there is any kind of shooting available for non-residents? I would be hoping to do some shooting that is restricted in the UK, i.e. pistol and semi-auto rifle shooting - i understand that you're lucky enough to still be able to own them! Is Malta as strict as the UK when it comes access to firearms, i.e. do you have to be a member of a club to shoot etc?

Any other tips for things to do in Malta would also be appreciated!  Smiley

ATB

Mark

Mark

Re: Hello from the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:14:27 PM » by RB
Hi Mark don't know why no response to your post as yet.

Try contacting Victoria Shooting Range, as far as I know the only range presently licenced for c/f pistols and carbines (and also tactical shotgun / airgun)

Member on here "Handaq Range Management" (Handaq is the area where the range is located).

AFAIK a bit of a grey area as to what you are and are not allowed to do as a visitor. The Arms Act is dated 2005 and we still have only one range as at time of writing, (as above), and not yet approved for rifles, so perhaps many more questions than answers.

Good luck hope it works out!

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 15:42:05 PM » by Blackstuff
Thanks for that RB, i'll drop Victoria range an email  Wink

Mark

Mark

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 15:59:06 PM » by Quantumshot
Hi Mark

I think it is best you contact our local Police Weapons Office on this matter since it is a rather grey area.
Our Arms Act only refers to foreigners with respect to Historical Reanactments.
Therefore there is no reference to foreigners being able to practice target shooting in Malta.
I beleive there is a possibility but it is best that this is officially clarified for you by the Malta Police Weapons Office.

Their office telephone number is +356 22942110.
You may send an email enquiry addressed to Police Sgt Bernard Bunce at the Weapons Office, who will surely guide you professionally.
Besides the phone number abover, his contact email address at the Police Weapons Office is  : bernard.bunce@gov.mt

Regards
Eric

Quantum
Precision Engineering & Sports Shooting Supplies
158-160, Palm Street, Paola PLA1412
MALTA

Tel : +356 21693196
Fax : +356 21693204
Email : sales@quantumshot.com   or  eric@quantumshot.com
www.quantumshot.com

Shop opening hours from 2pm till 7pm weekdays

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 16:04:31 PM » by Blackstuff
Top man, thanks for the info Eric  Smiley

Mark

Mark

(Read 1534 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29981 Posts
4697 Topics
630 Members
Latest Member: Cicco