MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     November 17, 2018, 11:29:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAir Pistols and RiflesBipods »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1046 times) [1]

Bipods
« on: November 17, 2011, 10:48:52 AM » by hollowPoint
Hi All, what 's your take on bipods for air rifles? which are the brands to buy and those to avoid - and how much can I expect a normal (i.e. durable and not crappy) bipod to cost? also - does anybody get good bipods locally? finally what are your preferences in sizes (6''-9'' or 9''-16'') and why? Smiley

thanks

Re: Bipods
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:11:30 AM » by RB
I'm not a bipod user or a fan, I think they can spoil the lines of a nice gun and upset the balance when not actually being used as a rest. But it's just me, plenty must disagree of course.

Yes you can buy a decent Harris locally, I'm sure that Eric (Quantum) has some in stock, and possibly others.

If you are not sure, maybe you could start off with an Ebay cheapie.

The length you choose will depend on the type of shooting you will be using it for, or rather the position you will assume. But read here: http://17hmr.net/index.php?topic=4516.0

Would appear the second (larger) size is more of an all rounder. Opinions will vary however...

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

Re: Bipods
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 12:00:38 PM » by Quantumshot
Hi RB
He's done that already around a week ago  Wink

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

(Read 1046 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
630 Members
Latest Member: Cicco