MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     August 19, 2018, 02:27:02 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumOther StuffOther Hobbies, InterestsOnly In Malta. »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 6830 times) [1] 2

Only In Malta.
« on: November 18, 2011, 19:36:05 PM » by BLACK EAGLE
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Te4WBL7trBw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Te4WBL7trBw</a>

Re: Only In Malta.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 06:39:16 AM » by Quantumshot
Rightly so our history is something we should be proud of as being only in Malta.
Having said that, the clip should have also covered Malta's modern day structural marvels such as Luqa's upright monument.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 07:02:15 AM » by PHOENIX

Interesting documentary

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 18:49:58 PM » by gaffa
Rightly so our history is something we should be proud of as being only in Malta.
Having said that, the clip should have also covered Malta's modern day structural marvels such as Luqa's upright monument.

Structural marvel  Grin

There's another by the same artist in San Gwann as well.

http://www.paulvellacritien.com/images/m01.jpg

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 18:45:12 PM » by BLACK EAGLE
What about that circle at Qawra? ( may be some type of target by the British Forces  !!  or  Huh)

And what about that rectangular cut in the rocks,? ( near the circle, not the middel one)    part of it above sea level + another part below sea level  Huh  Huh

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:31 AM » by wettinger
It is very interested Mr Black Eagle that Qawra means (Circle) and what you seen from the Google Satellite it is a round Circle Prehistoric Architecture from the Map of Atlantis, Wink

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 13:57:19 PM » by kelinu
The circles at Qawra are Spitfire training markings and the 'bath' with the blocks are target stands, again for Spitfire target practice. I remember many years ago while scuba diving in Qawra at Ta' Fra Ben area, we used to find empty 20mm cases on the sandy bottom.

“Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer”
― Sun Tzu

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 20:11:16 PM » by RB
The circles at Qawra are Spitfire training markings and the 'bath' with the blocks are target stands, again for Spitfire target practice. I remember many years ago while scuba diving in Qawra at Ta' Fra Ben area, we used to find empty 20mm cases on the sandy bottom.

NO! That's an Atlantean dart-board!  Grin  Grin

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 22:59:00 PM » by wettinger
Here in Malta we have many of these exemplary Archeological Sites not only The Map of Atlantis,even Temples that these monuments of interest that some of them are dumped by an Earth removals in a  Landfills such as CarobTrees,Rubble Walls, Flora,Etc Etc... Other  Value of Nature is hidden and Dumped by the building,however we d'ont know them where are these...!!!Anyway.!! in this Island measured 19 Miles x 7 Miles Shocked Shocked Shocked And again these are only in Malta!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 14:10:16 PM » by LongShanks
Kelinu , thanks for explaining that , I have seen this some time ago on gogole earth, but never knew what it was for.

Food for tought ... " If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything "

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 18:36:53 PM » by BLACK EAGLE

RB
[/quote]

Ok, forget that dart board Grin  what about that rectangular cut in the rocks  Huh. It looks like a submerged someting like a quarry. The rocks above the sea are a clean square cut seem not made by nature.!!

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 19:04:37 PM » by LongShanks

RB

Ok, forget that dart board Grin  what about that rectangular cut in the rocks  Huh. It looks like a submerged someting like a quarry. The rocks above the sea are a clean square cut seem not made by nature.!!
[/quote]

".........'bath' with the blocks are target stands, ......"

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 19:15:14 PM » by BLACK EAGLE
LongShanks, I am talking about that cut in the rocks almost touching the atlantees dart board .  Grin

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 00:48:03 AM » by LCD
If you're into that stuff, go to Qui Si Sana and dive just off the Fortiza and keep slightly to the right as one head out. The bottom seemed as if it was eaten by giant earth worms. It's riddled with little tunnels and holes cut in the rock. I can't see how the current and nature can do that. You have to see this to understand. It's been a while but I remember quite vividly what's down there. BTW don't have to go deep 10 - 12 m tops.

On the other side on the Marsamexett side, across from the church I'm convinced that there are Greek remains under the water. Too long to explain here.

Another interesting place that I always played around was in St Lucia where we used to ride our bikes in the smooth cart ruts almost all the way to Gudia.  Grin  The ruts used to go through the alley way between the fields. Now I have a better understanding and appriciation.

Malta is blessed with history.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 13:44:20 PM by LCD »

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 06:31:35 AM » by LongShanks
LongShanks, I am talking about that cut in the rocks almost touching the atlantees dart board .  Grin

Ah I see. maybe they needed some sort of water reservoir. Storage of something maybe.

Or just the place where the guy stood on the radio telling the pilot if he hit or not Smiley

(Read 6830 times) [1] 2
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD