MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     August 19, 2018, 12:17:24 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsShotgun SportOlympics - double trap! »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 8215 times) [1] 2 3

Olympics - double trap!
« on: August 02, 2012, 16:17:59 PM » by mikea
Congratulations to William for achieving a top 10 finish but massive congrats to Peter Wilson for gaining the gold medal ... Good old Southern Counties SC in Dorset, my old home ground !...

Re: Olympics - double trap!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 17:26:28 PM » by panzer
cheers william well done you made us proud ...

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 17:57:40 PM » by magnum
William and his team did their best among the elite of the sport.

Great performance by the British shooter but it's ironic for Britain to get medals from a sport that attracts nothing but restrictions and bad press in the UK.

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 19:01:55 PM » by mikea
Magnum, apologies but I have to disagree... William is absolutely one of the World elite in double trap ... it was simply not his time at this Olympics (but he has plenty of time left!)

You have an excellent point regarding the Brit authorities but I have to confess that it also applies to Malta... VSG for trap shooting for instance but I have got to confess that now I am back in the UK I can easily attend a high number of clay grounds within easy reach to shoot trap and skeet plus full sporting and FITASC layouts... but I still miss the island!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 19:11:47 PM » by mikea
Ooppps! 'VSR' perhaps Roll Eyes

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 08:26:33 AM » by EURODOG
Not to put an altogther dampener...........when the shooting community was under attack and pretty much destroyed by government in the UK the clay shooting association did little to support other shooting groups, their attitude was that the proposed legislation had little or no effect on them so let them get on with it. What they fail to realise is that now who will come to aid them when they come for the clay shooters?

My personal view is if I where still a competition shooter, clay, small bore rifle or air weapons I'd tell the government and sports council what I thought, no way would I represent a country that vilifies me one minute, attacks my sport and other shooting sports, and the next minute because it suits them, wants me to represent the country because of the international dimension, hypocritical bastards...................... Angry

'That's funny he's never done that before!'

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 09:03:39 AM » by XCapt
Well said EuroK9........

And not only did the Labour Party destroy most shooting sports in the UK but I recently read that Robin Cook, a crony of Tony Blair was the main instigator behind the UN Small Arms Trade Treaty, which thankfully has not yet been implemented.

Beam me up Scotty. There's no longer any intelligent life down here.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 09:15:15 AM » by Quantumshot
Well said Eurodog.
As for Robin Cook, he could only make his failure a success by trying to drag everybody else into his pot.
UK Labour brought havoc onto the UK shooting and collectors community, but the Conservatives did damage too.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 12:22:20 PM » by Fellas
prosit william

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 18:17:20 PM » by BLACK EAGLE
Well done William.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 20:04:39 PM » by magnum
Magnum, apologies but I have to disagree... William is absolutely one of the World elite in double trap ... it was simply not his time at this Olympics (but he has plenty of time left!)

You have an excellent point regarding the Brit authorities but I have to confess that it also applies to Malta... VSG for trap shooting for instance but I have got to confess that now I am back in the UK I can easily attend a high number of clay grounds within easy reach to shoot trap and skeet plus full sporting and FITASC layouts... but I still miss the island!!!

mikea - erm I think you should read my post again. I wrote that William did his best among the elite... That actually implies he's one of them. As to the rest of your post we agree. Grin

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 20:11:30 PM » by magnum
Oh and don't forget we have teenage ace shooter Nathan Lee Xuereb! He's an awesome shooter and at his age has a bright future fore sure. MSSF and IOC should invest in him as well. If only (as Lawrence Darmanin often rightly laments) Malta had up to standard shooting facilities. Maltese seem to be natural born marksmen/women.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 21:24:55 PM » by LCD
As an expat, I would love to see a Malteser with a gold medal. I hope that my prayers will be heard.

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 16:36:26 PM » by Poisonfish
Prosit William Wink

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 12:19:46 PM » by mikea

mikea - erm I think you should read my post again. I wrote that William did his best among the elite... That actually implies he's one of them. As to the rest of your post we agree. Grin

My apologies Magnum... no slur intended just simply I read your comment in a slightly different way but your point is well received.

(Read 8215 times) [1] 2 3
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD