MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     January 18, 2018, 20:00:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAir Pistols and RiflesFALKE AIRGUNS »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 3556 times) [1]

FALKE AIRGUNS
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:27:51 PM » by PHOENIX

FALKE-WERKE was founded in Wennigsen bei Hannover in February 1949. Between 1951 and 1958 the company produced a series of ten air rifles (model numbered 10 to 100) and an air pistol (model 33).

My late father was the agent and importer of FALKE airguns in Malta. The following pictures are from the company stand at the 1st edition of the Malta Fair that was held in San Anton Gardens in 1956. The FALKE range is displayed. In one photo the Governor, Sir Robert Laycock VC, visits the stand.

Re: FALKE AIRGUNS
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 15:23:16 PM » by EURODOG
Super............... Smiley

'That's funny he's never done that before!'

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 20:04:13 PM » by magnum
Wonder what happened to that airgun maker over the years?

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 21:46:29 PM » by RB
Wonder what happened to that airgun maker over the years?

Went tits-up as the Brits would say.

Lovely pics!

Wonder whether any Falke are still around, last place I'd expect to find one would be in Malta - but this thread here sure is news!

Falke guns were well made, possibly too expensive for their day. Falke 80s and 90s were possibly "inspired" by the BSA Airsporters, but were far better engineered.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 12:37:02 PM » by PHOENIX
So far I've handled a model 50, a model 70 and a model 33 (pistol). The model 70 has an interesting story. It was originally bought from my Dad's store by a lad in Gozo who then swapped it with a bike that belonged to a Maltese fellow. The latter was caught out by his dad who then proceeded to smash its stock. The lad's brother came to the rescue; he skilfully produced a perfect replica of the stock. The quality has to be seen to be appreciated. The lad went on to become a high-ranking Police officer :-)

Steve

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 12:39:01 PM » by PHOENIX
Forgot to mention that I also came across a beautifully-finished FALKE .22lr rifle.  I have not yet found sufficient information about it.

Steve

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 16:45:48 PM » by LCD
This is history.
Congratulations on finding these pictures. 

(Read 3556 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29967 Posts
4691 Topics
628 Members
Latest Member: bartairsoft