MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     February 25, 2018, 23:39:54 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsArticles and InfoGLOCK REPLACES BROWNING AFTER 50 YEARS.. »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 13593 times) 1 [2] 3 4 5

Re: GLOCK REPLACES BROWNING AFTER 50 YEARS..
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 16:00:10 PM » by EURODOG
I want to join the army!!!!!!

At least, I would get free target shooting  Grin

Brits willing to sell off any 2nd hand Brownings intra-EU?

Quote from article

"It is semi-automatic allowing a large number of rounds to be fired off quickly. Each magazine carries up to 33 9mm bullets, compared to 13 in the Browning"

I'd love to see the officers carrying a 33-round magazine... Shocked

I got one though..........also number of 20 shot GP35 magazines. Just a note the British Army issue 9mm Browning GP35 Hi Power, if you have ever have shot one, is a pretty poor inaccurate piece of kit, which works well for the military as the pistol is not the soldiers primary weapon. If a soldier is down to using a pistol it's only because it's better than a stick! I had not heard that the Army was going to the Glock although I know they have been using the Sig Saur for some time, with the proposed reduction of the armed service no doubt it will be more affordable ................................

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 16:14:58 PM by EURODOG »

'That's funny he's never done that before!'

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 16:51:36 PM » by Mosin
Light, reliable , accurate.. and ugly.. which makes perfect for the military and people looking for a *work horse* Smiley But regarding the Hi-Power, I only heard good stories about it.. But can't put my head out for it, as I never shot one.. but it's sure one hell of a good looking gun  Grin But still.. what is more reliable than a wheel gun?!!  Tongue

Peace and safe shooting!  Grin

‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’
— James Earl Jones, Actor

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 18:38:05 PM » by LongShanks
What do you think guys , shall we expect a influx of used Brownings on the market in the next couple of years ?  Hopefully they will sell all the brownings as surplus .. I guess they will all have been heavily used, but still.

Food for tought ... " If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything "

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 19:27:35 PM » by S&W in .38
What do you think guys , shall we expect a influx of used Brownings on the market in the next couple of years ?  Hopefully they will sell all the brownings as surplus .. I guess they will all have been heavily used, but still.

Normally, police trade-ins represent a very good deal. Most of them can be a bit rough on the outside, especially if they have been carried in leather holsters and/or not wiped off after each shift, but in pristine condition on the inside. They're carried a lot but shot very little (luckily!).

A couple of years ago, there were lots and lots of Sig-Sauer P6 (9mm) pistols on the used market and most of them were in really great shape.

Given the choice, I'd prefer a police trade-in over a private sale.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 20:07:34 PM by S&W in .38 »

-- Mervyn Borg

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 19:32:48 PM » by S&W in .38
Light, reliable , accurate.. and ugly.. which makes perfect for the military and people looking for a *work horse* Smiley But regarding the Hi-Power, I only heard good stories about it.. But can't put my head out for it, as I never shot one.. but it's sure one hell of a good looking gun  Grin But still.. what is more reliable than a wheel gun?!!  Tongue

Peace and safe shooting!  Grin

.38 Specials for range sessions, .357 Magnums whilst on duty!  Wink

No semi-automatic can ever be so versatile.

-- Mervyn Borg

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 19:53:37 PM » by franchi
You can never go wrong with a revolver  Wink Wink Wink

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 20:19:49 PM » by RB
What do you think guys , shall we expect a influx of used Brownings on the market in the next couple of years ?  Hopefully they will sell all the brownings as surplus .. I guess they will all have been heavily used, but still.

I think the UK Govt will simply have them recycled into anything that is not pointed, blunt, heavy, powerful, or even looks like any of the preceding.

Probably, buttons therefore.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 10:13:02 AM » by LongShanks
That's what came to my mind right after I posted it. I forgot how the UK looks at these things. What a pity.

Food for tought ... " If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything "

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 11:49:54 AM » by ammumford
I would caution against buying any surplus military hi-powers. I have shot loads of these in the services, and few could hit a barn door. I also had a civvi version, a Vigilante, and that was very accurate. They are good looking and reliable - but not double action.

The British Army has always regarded sidearms as personal protection weapons, given to Staff Officers and vehicle crew, who are unlikely to ever need to fire a shot in anger. My annual proficiency shoot consisted of loading and firing 10 rounds down the range, roughly in the same direction as the target. Actually hitting the target upgraded you to marksman!

I am sorry we did not take the opportunity to upgrade the calibre to .40, as the Americans are doing. Its probably something to do with the fact that the British Police use 9mm Glocks, and hey, if its good enough for them, then its fine for Afganistan.

Unless the standard of pistol training has improved since I was in, with the Glock safety system, I just hope we don't get too many people shooting themselves in the foot!

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 13:17:54 PM » by jcm2710
Yep!  I had my first experience with a revolver this weekend, and boy, was it fun!
Quite impressed with accuracy too.

Heck, what I must have been missing!

It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 13:46:37 PM » by jcm2710
Thanks buddy!

JcM

It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 16:43:43 PM » by Mosin
Amen to that!!  Grin Gotta love revolvers!! Wish we had some more brands of ammo .38 special here on the island..  Wink But I guess we are lucky enough that we can enjoy our sport!

Peace and safe shooting! Cheesy

‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’
— James Earl Jones, Actor

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 18:21:03 PM » by joe
JCM I have been noticing that you comment on everything and now also on the army guns i tought you just starting a little while ago shooting, and all of a sudden your an expert quick learner  Grin Grin Grin
You on the other hand have only been registered since last December in this forum and already being an arse-hole with members you never met.

Well i was just reading along and boy was i laughing with some of the comments, JCM don't worry about these comments, and kellinu i think that was a very rude gesture calling people names like that.

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 00:07:23 AM » by LCD
Eh Glocks are Glocks but the BHP always be a classic. I don't know why they call the Browning inaccurate because they are no worse than a Glock with standard trigger. I like both my G17 and the MK111 (newer HP). I admit not every one works on the BHP, and one can order a trigger set for a Glock from Brownell's and drop it in, in 15 minutes. I guess there is one advantage - parts availability.   

IMO those cheap buggers at the MOD should have gone with the Sig226 instead of a lego gun.  Wink Wink Wink

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:59 AM » by franchi
Excuse my ignorance LCD but are you saying that glocks are lego guns? because if that is the case I really think you have no idea about guns.

(Read 13593 times) 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29973 Posts
4694 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD