MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     May 23, 2018, 06:02:49 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsArticles and InfoGLOCK REPLACES BROWNING AFTER 50 YEARS.. »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 14167 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5

Re: GLOCK REPLACES BROWNING AFTER 50 YEARS..
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 12:10:05 PM » by kelinu
JCM I have been noticing that you comment on everything and now also on the army guns i tought you just starting a little while ago shooting, and all of a sudden your an expert quick learner  Grin Grin Grin
You on the other hand have only been registered since last December in this forum and already being an arse-hole with members you never met.
Well i was just reading along and boy was i laughing with some of the comments, JCM don't worry about these comments, and kellinu i think that was a very rude gesture calling people names like that.
Hello Joe, I do not know you but if it was you on the receiving end I would still call your harasser a butt aperture.

“Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer”
― Sun Tzu

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 12:24:44 PM » by joe
Anyway this wasnt for me so you do whatever you want  Wink

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 14:15:36 PM by joe »

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 15:37:55 PM » by MSS Forum Admin
Excuse my ignorance LCD but are you saying that glocks are lego guns? because if that is the case I really think you have no idea about guns.

Dear Mr Franchi,

Expressing an opinion, a disagreement, is OK.

Telling people that they have no idea about guns is offensive. Apart from, in this case oh so wrong, LCD probably already knew all there was to know about guns before... well, lets not go there.

This is a public notice, be more respectful towards other members, or you will no longer be able to express your opinion on here.

Admin

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 15:41:35 PM » by MSS Forum Admin
Anyway this wasnt for me so you do whatever you want  Wink

Joe, people use usernames possibly because they value their privacy. Whatever their reasons, if they wanted to use their full names they would have. I have edited your post, which may or may not have included Kelinu's name and surname. It is not acceptable to disclose members' full names on here when perhaps they do not wish for this to happen.

Admin

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 17:20:33 PM » by EURODOG
Getting back to the point, current UK policy is that surplus military and police firearms will not be offered to the civilian shooting communities, not withstanding any company or other individuals may have the appropriate end users certificate and documentation etc.......

'That's funny he's never done that before!'

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 18:19:05 PM » by LongShanks
The term , 'lego guns'  is not new , as much as the term 'Tupperware gun' is not either.

Even people who call these guns such, know they are good and reliable guns. More often than not, the comic reference to the Polymer parts of the Glock are the result of one's preference to chunky/heavy all steel guns that admittedly have a totally different feel to them.

Personally I am not real fond of the aesthetics of the Glock, and not particularly fond of the Polymer's feel. But I would rather carry a Glock if I were in Law enforcement or the Military. I would happily trust my life to it. Also, even though I do not own any polymer guns,  I have shot some makes and I really think they have some advantages too. Would not exclude owning a 'Lego gun' in the future . Smiley

Hope this helps to release some of the tension  Grin

Food for tought ... " If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything "

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 18:36:21 PM » by Mosin
Longshanks : I fully agree!  Grin Glock is an ugly gun.. sorry guys, but that is the truth!! BUT... It would be my 1st choice for self defense or combat! Light, reliable and lots of rounds.. and plastic!! perfect!! but still.. ugly lol  Grin

‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’
— James Earl Jones, Actor

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 19:25:38 PM » by franchi
I agree with longshanks and mosin they are ugly but they deifinatly aint "lego guns", I bet you can pick any pistol you want any caliber and at sometime it will malfunction and then take a glock and won't have any trouble with it. what im trying to say is yes glocks are very ugly guns, but you can trust you life with a glock any day of the week.

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 19:36:24 PM » by LongShanks
AAActually ... what I really meant was that , no one needs to take it personally if Glocks are called Lego Guns.... Imma nsomma... min hawn u min hemm fthemna   Wink

Food for tought ... " If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything "

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 10:50:49 AM » by EURODOG
The Glock is a good all rounder, I have one and shoot and carry one regularly when abroad but my view is that I could move my Glock 17 on anytime, and buy another, and indeed have done in the past. I feel it more of a tool, and in my view not a sport shooter, not withstanding Glock's product range. I have a CZ 75B which I think is a much better handgun but the Glock is very much a tool, no personality as such, now I have a number of other pistols I wouldn't dream of parting with........... but they are all over the place and you need to keep a skill level up, hence I always keep one and shoot it regularly.....

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 11:30:32 AM » by Mosin
So we all can come into one agreement.. Glock = Ugly but damn reliable..  Grin

Amen!!

Peace and safe shooting

‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’
— James Earl Jones, Actor

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 17:32:11 PM » by kelinu
Do this comparison: What type of woman would you marry - a sexy and pretty lass that everyone wants to have a go with or an ordinary looking but faithful lady?
It’s very much the same thing with guns. But having said that, I still don’t own a Glock.
I have this weakness of going after the better-looking stuff.  Wink

“Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer”
― Sun Tzu

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 22:01:34 PM » by jcm2710

I prefer it when the better looking stuff comes after me!!

JcM

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 22:36:39 PM by jcm2710 »

It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 23:46:46 PM » by EURODOG

Dude...no you wouldn't they are all trouble............ Smiley

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 19:44:28 PM » by LCD
Eh I'm not offended, I've been called a lot worse  Wink. We refer to polymer guns as lego or rubbermaid on this side because they are made of a non metallic material. I know that they are reliable and light but they are different from a metal gun like the Beretta 92, Sig 226 or some one mentioned the CZ which makes really ergonomic all metal guns. Those are really gorgeous and reliable. The design is based on the BHP and they refined the outer shape to fit better in shooters' hands.  I have nothing against polymers I have several G17,  Sig2022, Beretta PX4, HK USP, WaltherP99, etc. I love them but I find the workmanship on an all steel gun a work of art. This is like preference some like big boobs some like blondes, etc. At the end if they give you pleasure WGAF. 

I could only imagine the tough choices the MOD had to make, before they settled on the G17. I'm sure that reliability is one of the top priorities which I know that the Glock is very very reliable but I hope that they had the reliability priority higher than the price tag. I say this because I know the price tag on Glocks is very low compared to other handguns. Germany, Swiss, ours CF, US, Russia and many others use full metal handguns. I used an old BHP when I served. Now they get the 226's. IMO and IMO only, I find that the Glocks are very reliable easy to find parts and work on,  BUT not very ergonomic and I find it  to be more dangerous than other hand guns to use in stressful situations. Might be quicker to deploy but an army holster isn’t an IPSC holster any how.   

(Read 14167 times) 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD