MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     September 25, 2018, 10:45:39 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumOther StuffWelcome and About...Moving to Malta »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1105 times) [1]

Moving to Malta
« on: April 29, 2013, 20:17:06 PM » by Cuda
Hi all
I'm currently living in the UK  but am looking to move out to Malta before the end of the year. I currently own and shoot a Ruger 10-22/ HW100/ Brocock concept (both PCP air rifles) 3x12 Gauge & 1 moderated 410 shotguns (and a large collection of co2 replica pistols) I shoot both target and hunt on a few permissions that I have here. I would like to carry on with my hobby when I come out to Malta. Does anyone have any hints or tips on shooting in Malta and would a European firearms licence cover me in Malta? Sorry if these questions have already been asked but I've only just found this forum (and an excellent one it is too)
Thanks
Dave

Re: Moving to Malta
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 21:08:32 PM » by RB
Hi Dave,

A Euro firearms pass is a temporary thing.

Basically you need to settle here, get all your local licences in order (not difficult for the right sort of person) and then import the guns (not difficult either).

You just need to have your guns stored in the UK until you are sorted.

I believe that you will only get your licences if you are actually resident so I do not think you can sort things out in advance. Otherwise we would have licence-tourism  Grin

In the meantime if you are to-and-fro-ing nothing is stopping you from using the EFP to shoot here "on holiday". though I suspect that the shooting in the UK for the types of guns that you currently own may be a bit better.  Wink

Your first port of call would be a local club to guide you and which you would in any case need to join to obtain your licences.

Other notes, on reviewing your post:

Drop the moderated .410.

Only airguns may have a moderator here. Sell it in the UK.

Hunting, in my opinion, is spectacularly poor here in comparison to the UK. Lots of "complications" too, I am just forewarning you not to raise your expectations. Maybe when you are settled here and get a feel for things, you may reconsider.

However there is no real negative to getting your shotguns over, so do so. Plenty of clay ranges, and almost certainly a cheaper round than in the UK.

Got a few CO2 pistols myself, though I don't consider my collection to be large. Mainly Umarex especially 1911s and a couple of Makarovs.

Of course, here you have the option of having them in the "correct" calibre, too  Grin  Grin

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

Re: Moving to Malta
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 21:32:01 PM » by Cuda
Thanks RB that's cleared  a few things up for me. I appreciate your time

(Read 1105 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD