MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     August 19, 2018, 02:26:10 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAir Pistols and RiflesWalther Jaguar - help needed »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 2230 times) [1]

Walther Jaguar - help needed
« on: June 10, 2013, 18:29:05 PM » by Coemgen
I have a Walther Jaguar, side lever in .177 and need an exploded view or a user manual.  Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one or the other please? Nothing on the net except a couple of photos.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Re: Walther Jaguar - help needed
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:40:16 AM » by Franco

AMACS
Office:  21411600
Mobile: 77411600
Fax:     27411600
E-mail: info@amacs-malta.org
Address : Unit 1, First Floor
Clock Tower Block
Tigne' Point
Sliema TP 01
MALTA

Opening Hours:
Office: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 2pm to 7pm
Club Hours: Wednesdays and Fridays 7pm to 10pm

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 11:57:27 AM » by RB
A simple enough gun, what's wrong with it?

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 14:54:01 PM » by Coemgen
Thanks Franco, I've been through this search 20,000 times.  Nothing!

RB, it cocks well and the trigger releases but it's either leaking air and so not pushing the pellet out or I don't know what.  Need to take it apart, that's why I was hoping for an exploded view.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 15:07:06 PM by Coemgen »

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 23:17:38 PM » by RB
It should be relatively simple to take apart. Hard to tell why it is so underpowered without taking a look, could be a broken spring, failed mainseal (uncommon on most springers unless burnt out), could be anything, the firing cycle would give an indication.

If there is substantial tension in the spring at the start of the cocking stroke you may need a spring compressor to take it apart safely, well, at least to put it back together again. But I don't think this is a very powerful airgun so you would probably manage without.

Just take it out of the stock, remove the sidelever, press the rear/ trigger block against a tabletop and drive out the pins or screws that retain it in the cylinder, and the trigger block should just come out as you release the pressure. Then the spring just drops out and the piston can generally be pushed out too by using a screwdriver or similar through the cocking slot, unless it simply falls out.

The above is what applies to most springers, there may be some variation with yours, never inspected one of them but the basics will be very similar for 99% of springers. (Weihrauchs have a screw in trigger block).

Generally no need to mess with any fiddly trigger mechanisms, they just remain assembled.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 13:03:19 PM » by Coemgen
Thanks a lot RB.  Will try to DIY it  Grin

Will keep you posted!

(Read 2230 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD