MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     April 22, 2018, 22:47:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsGeneral Interest TopicsTO ALL CLUBS »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 16571 times) [1] 2 3 ... 6

TO ALL CLUBS
« on: November 08, 2013, 18:16:50 PM » by Vincent
I ask all clubs for their official position in view of the recent notice to dealers:
"THIS FOR COLLECTION PURPOSES ONLY"

What is your official position for us RCO's to consider and take, once a shooter member turns up on the range with TSA and a handgun with barrel shorter than 9cm ?

Do we send him off home ?

Re: TO ALL CLUBS
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 18:35:57 PM » by magnum
Hear hear!

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 19:37:48 PM » by K38
I ask all clubs for their official position in view of the recent notice to dealers:
"THIS FOR COLLECTION PURPOSES ONLY"

What is your official position for us RCO's to consider and take, once a shooter member turns up on the range with TSA and a handgun with barrel shorter than 9cm ?

Do we send him off home ?

Come on Vincent "all clubs for there official position"  Do you still believe in the tooth fairy..!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 21:55:37 PM » by steevepis
Hi Vince,

It will depend in which range you will be doing RCO duties.

It does not mean that by being an RCO you need to know all laws and regulations of each country you will be visiting or coaching but a sound knowledge is recommended. Mostly you will need to ensure that safety is not compromised and range SOP's are followed properly.

For example....It could be the case that you will be coaching in a range where not even rifles are permitted. Thus does not mean that if the law of that country give the right to citizens to practise rifle shooting they can just bring rifles on ranges and shoot. Range SOP should state which type of guns and which calibres are permitted in that particular range and RCO must adhere to.

Therefore RCO should follows instructions given by range owners as directed by their laws and regulations.  

At least this is what i was taught. (Locally and in foreign countries).

My suggestion is to try to obtain latest update from reliable sources. Probably we still find a clause referring to Schedule 2 of arms act 480.

Note as a shooter and not as an RCO: At the end it is the shooter responsibility to make use of licensed guns as appropriate and according to gun license classifications. Ie TSA, TSB Etc.

This is only my 2 cents and i don't know what clubs might think about this.

Steeve

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 23:37:36 PM by steevepis »

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 19:42:12 PM » by Vincent
does not matter which range in Malta really.
An RCO AND range operator is legally bound to ensure that only licensed guns are in use during his roll.

'reliable source"...........RIGHT.

Now, I am still waiting.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 20:26:59 PM » by steevepis
does not matter which range in Malta really.
An RCO AND range operator is legally bound to ensure that only licensed guns are in use during his roll.

'reliable source"...........RIGHT.

Now, I am still waiting.

I am afraid that is correct! Issa will see how it goes ux!

Still does not make sense for me to ban short barrel firearms.......................as if who is going to commit a crime is going to use a registered firearm.

Take care Vincent.....see you around.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 21:02:54 PM » by K38
[quo

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 19:19:07 PM by K38 »

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 21:28:02 PM » by steevepis
No K38. Nobody is fighting Smiley

We are peaceful people and we share same hobbies and interests.........

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 22:21:57 PM » by K38
[quot

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 19:18:30 PM by K38 »

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 14:46:19 PM » by Vincent
I am now asking ALL the RCO's  ( there are plenty now).

Just what is your take on this ?
Do you, as I do feel responsible and frankly, at a  loss?

Am I missing something you guys see plain as daylight ?

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 14:54:21 PM » by CB
This is all as clear as mud  Shocked  Huh
I'm not happy about it, but unless a short barreled firearm is listed on a shooter's Target A "list", I would not allow them to shoot it on the range.
Luckily for me, in IPSC nobody uses snubbies, but if I were handling a "standard" shoot I'd have to ask them to keep the snubby in the bag, at least until the situation is clarified. I'd absolutely hate having to do this, but I couldn't take the risk  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

I thought that the weapons board was there to advise the minister and if necessary represent the different parts of the shooting community - apparently something has gone badly wrong - clarifications about who held what view and gave which advice would be much appreciated.
CB

Regional Director - IPSC Malta

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 14:55:38 PM » by Vincent
OK finally, one RCO says his piece, that he wont allow them.
Next !

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 16:28:58 PM » by magnum
So CB you have taken the route of ignoring what the Legal Regulations (presently in force) clearly say, because of rumours spreading out of the Police GHQ? I understand you just want to cover your ass but at this rate we can leave all guns in the safe all nice and clean if that keeps the Police happier. My fear is that this is just the prelude to the repeal of the LN's and the publication of new ones that cut back on what we won for only a short period of time.

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 20:06:52 PM » by kkn
Hi Magnum,

These are not just rumours, it is official, dealers have been sent a letter with conditions to the LN saying that firearms with barrel lengths less than 9cm can only be kept for collection purposes under collectors A, and cannot be transferred before five years.

I am sure that none of us is happy with this situation, and everyone is concerned that this will be setting a precedent for further restrictions, but I would not take the risk and allow anyone to use a short barreled firearm at the range if I were the RCO.

This weekend I have heard that range operators have received conditions which will have unlicensed shooters go through a load of paperwork to be allowed to shoot at the range, thereby making it impractical for most to have a shooting session. I am not sure if the paperwork is to be processed by the police as well.

We seem to be moving backwards at warp speed!

regards    

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 20:10:08 PM » by kkn
As an afterthought, what are our representatives in the weapons board doing to counter these restrictions? Any info would be really appreciated.

(Read 16571 times) [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29976 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD