MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     December 17, 2018, 01:08:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAirsoft ForumBuying Airsoft »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 6959 times) [1]

Buying Airsoft
« on: May 16, 2008, 22:33:30 PM » by Coemgen
A friend asked me regards buying airsoft guns online.  I have no idea about airsoft so I offered to post this here.  Can anyone give me some information please?

Where to buy from Malta
If they can be bought online
Any legislation regards
Club and competitions or whatever

Thanks!

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Re: Buying Airsoft
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 23:39:25 PM » by sasmalta
Airsoft is also licenced in Malta. You require Target Shooter B (air gun) to purchace and use airsoft.
Airsoft is treated by the arms act just as a fire arm or an air rifle and air pistol, and that is a big problem for airsoft enthusiasts. The problem is NOT the fact that airsoft required a licence Shocked. All airsoft enthusiast now fully agree that it is a MUST for airsoft to be licenced, other wise it can end before it even starts, but in my opinion there is a small technical problem, that can be resolved by the authorities and make life easier for every one.

This technical problem is created because like fire arms and air guns, airsoft must have a unique serial number for registration according the arms act, but airsoft manufacturers mostly from Asia do not produce unique serial numbers on 90% of the modles. European countries cannot belhieve this, we tell them as we are part of the International Airsoft Practical Shooting Federation Huh !. Most airsoft guns are made out of polymer material or cast metal like cast aluminum, there is one serial number or none on the mold, and 1000's  upon 1000's are produced with the same number or without any. Only a one or two manufacturers do a unique serial number on every single model in their range.

This problem of serial numbers unfortunatly caused us MASC to put on HOLD Airsoft Practical Shooting - its a pitty! Cry. This is IPSC/IDPA with airsoft Gas Blow Back pistols. The dealers probably or 90% due to this serial issue which creates extra hassel for them to import GBB pistols, decided not to provide the local market with this equipment ! Angry.

Getting airsoft through internet is possible, but you require a one time import licence. However you might still be blocked due to the serial number issue Undecided. Some one I know had bad experience because the airsoft gun he bought from internet and that was imported with a 1 time import licence, was already bought and registered by someone else a few months earlier !!! and both had the same serial number ....F**K !. The pistol was confiscated or returned back .. I' m not sure about this part. Huh

There are two dealers getting airsoft locally. If you look well here in the forum all sort of info is possible. Wink

As it goes with clubs an airsoft dedicated club is Malta Tactical Airsoft Club  (MTAC-AMACS) this is involved in skirmish activities and they seem to be going quite well. These have permit to practice at National Park Ta' Qali from 8pm - ? on Thursdays. MAYBE some one from MTAC might give Coemgen more info !

With respect to the club I am part of it managment is Malta Airgun Shooting Club (MASC-AMACS). As already said we were ready to go aheard in 2008 with Airsoft Practical Shooting, this is a sport like the real steel Practical Shooting or IDPA but with airsoft Gas Blow Back Pistols (see the airsoft forum I wrote some articles on GBB's), however we had to put this activity on hold, since who is interested cannot find any GBB's on the local market and unless people see them being used at the range, and available in shops, then no one is going to ask for them. And after a while people might start to loose interest.
However the idea is still there within us, and we will take it up again if things start to change.

Rgs.
Stanley

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 23:52:10 PM by sasmalta »

Re: Buying Airsoft
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 13:37:30 PM » by Coemgen
10x Stan.  I'll relay.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(Read 6959 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29981 Posts
4697 Topics
630 Members
Latest Member: Cicco