MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     May 23, 2018, 05:46:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumOther StuffWelcome and About...Hello from Canada Eh ! »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 6338 times) 1 [2]

Re: Hello from Canada Eh !
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 19:37:53 PM » by magnum
Forgive my ignorance, but where is Gozo is this Sicily ? And what about full autos converted to semi would these be under Target shooter A ?  For example I own a semi auto 1919A4 made with a semi auto right side plate and machined internals to semi auto and a semi auto made Ohio Ordnance Works 1918A3 BAR both are pre 1946.  

You would eventually be able to decide whether you wanted these on your TS-A (limited to 10pcs total) or your CL-A.

With the current amendments, status unclear, it is not certain whether there is any practical difference as you could if amendments are favourable, still shoot them irrespective of their status.

If they are semi they are semi, and it may make things simpler if their past stays in the past.
RB

Any firearm manufactured as full auto and subsequently converted to semi remains in Schedule I (prohibited except if pre-46 for collectors only).
Ah understood. In Canada these firearms were made on new semi only receivers, never full auto to begin with, and therefore never considered converted autos. Semi auto only from the get go.  I know authorities in Malta think differently.

Well if you can provide documentation that your M1919 was assembled as semi-auto from get go maybe the Police Weapons Office could register it as Schedule II firearm. Though I don't know how they would consider such a thing.
Noted that you got a BAR. I love that gun, such an innovative design for its' time and used by the gangsters, FBI, WWI & WWII and I guess Korea too. Heavy but one fine piece.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 12:31:35 PM » by Col Batguano
As I learn the firearm laws of Malta, I gather worse comes to worse I could register them with a Collectors license eventhough these are semi auto. It is rather refreshing to know of a western country that trusts its citizens to own full autos, although you cannot fire them.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 17:26:41 PM » by magnum
As I learn the firearm laws of Malta, I gather worse comes to worse I could register them with a Collectors license eventhough these are semi auto. It is rather refreshing to know of a western country that trusts its citizens to own full autos, although you cannot fire them.

Yes it's true what you say about our firearms legislation, but believe me it was a huge ordeal spanning many years to get where we are. Enough to say that we started from a law that only allowed hunting shotguns. Not even airguns were allowed back then!

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 01:56:42 AM » by LCD
Ye Malta seems to the going forward with firearms sports. It sounds much more friendly than what just happened here with the Swiss Arms and the CZ 858 reclassification of last week. The RCMP are out to lunch with this issue.   

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 13:26:59 PM » by magnum
Ye Malta seems to the going forward with firearms sports. It sounds much more friendly than what just happened here with the Swiss Arms and the CZ 858 reclassification of last week. The RCMP are out to lunch with this issue.  

Why what happened with these firearms? Have they been re-classified to prohibited?

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 23:03:23 PM » by LCD
Yep Shocked

I want to save mine and send them to a friend there. Before they get started with the witch hunt and grind them into filings. I'm not impressed and so are many others. 1800 PE90's and about 16000 CZ858's.

Do you know what your protocol is to receive a fire arm? Does it have to be through a dealer?

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 23:55:59 PM » by Col Batguano
I do not own one of these rifles but a year ago I had my SSD BD38 confiscated by the Queens cowboys the heroes of the rcmp. It was a very nice firearm, a semi auto copy of the MP38.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 13:59:06 PM » by magnum
Yep Shocked

I want to save mine and send them to a friend there. Before they get started with the witch hunt and grind them into filings. I'm not impressed and so are many others. 1800 PE90's and about 16000 CZ858's.

Do you know what your protocol is to receive a fire arm? Does it have to be through a dealer?

RB often explains the procedure here so maybe he could offer some good advice

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 14:16:16 PM » by RB
Yep Shocked

RB often explains the procedure here so maybe he could offer some good advice

Not much to it Magnum that has not already been said, no.1 issue is getting the gun/s here, see previous posts on this thread.

Guns will need to be imported by either any regularly licenced individual (who still has available slots if we are talking of modern guns on TSA), or a dealer if desired.

Whatever happens, legally the guns belong to whoever they are licenced to, LCD, so bear in mind.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 17:55:24 PM » by LCD
I wouldn't have possession of it any longer - I get that part. But I rather see someone else use it than shredding it.

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 20:15:16 PM » by S&W in .38

Not much to it Magnum that has not already been said, no.1 issue is getting the gun/s here, see previous posts on this thread.

Guns will need to be imported by either any regularly licenced individual (who still has available slots if we are talking of modern guns on TSA), or a dealer if desired.

Whatever happens, legally the guns belong to whoever they are licenced to, LCD, so bear in mind.

RB

Why not on CL-A, RB?

-- Mervyn Borg

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 09:58:57 AM » by RB

RB

Why not on CL-A, RB?

Sure no problem sorry my post was ambiguous! I sort of meant if the importer has a TS-A and nothing else. But while we are at it, is there not also a limit on CL-A for moderns?

End of the day LCD, if a person can legally own any gun in his name they can import it.

Sometimes, reading of these stories, I think that every country needs a "Freedom Party" - no not anything to do with right wing extremism, just a party that basically stands for what it says on the tin. To counter all the anti kerrapp. Without such a reaction, I fear that in 50 years time practically everything will be banned including absolutely any activity in which even just the participant could possibly suffer a minor injury!

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 11:00:21 AM » by jcm2710
Where to I press to click "like" to RB's comment?  Smiley

It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

(Read 6338 times) 1 [2]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD