MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     February 22, 2018, 14:50:14 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumOther StuffWelcome and About...From Sydney to Malta »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1414 times) [1]

From Sydney to Malta
« on: October 12, 2014, 23:53:18 PM » by ZU
Hi all

I am moving from Sydney to Malta on Thursday. I am planning on getting involved in rifle shooting and have already been chatting with the guys from Quantum about a Pro Arms PAR Mk3 (which is prohibited in Oz but not your lovely country Smiley ). My wife is Maltese born also.

I don't know if anyone of you are also into knives but I also run ZU Bladeworx (www.zubladeworx.com.au) and am bringing the business to Malta (switching manufacturing to Italy and Malta). Out new logo is below.

Anyway looking forward to being involved in your forums.

Cheers
Matt

Re: From Sydney to Malta
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 19:04:21 PM » by LongShanks
Welcome Matt,

Nice Website and beautiful knives. Not into knives myself but you can tell quality and workmanship. I particularly like the pic with the CZ . I believe its a customised Tactical Sport. Seems to have had the front of the frame shortened. Eric can surely tell which one it is  Wink .  CZ's I am a fan of . I think pistol barrel lengths have to be no less than 5 inches in Australia, but I might be wrong.

For the moment we do not have much for rifle shooting, but hopefully things will change. We mostly go to Sicily for long range rifle shooting.

Anyway welcome and  wish you all the luck in your endeavours.

Food for tought ... " If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything "

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 15:42:45 PM » by ZU
Thanks mate. Flying out tomorrow. More than happy to head to Sicily to shoot. Is that were the collectors take their autos? I think you are right about the 5 inch barrel. That pistol belongs to my mate, he shoots practical shooting in Australia. Gun laws are very strict in Oz. No semi auto, no pump action shotguns. The fact that I can own so many different types in Malta is pretty exciting.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 18:33:19 PM » by mildot
Welcome home! Looks like you just got yourself a new customer mate!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 22:54:28 PM » by LongShanks
Actually we have a short range in Gozo that allows all sort of calibers , even rifle calibers , but it's relativley short for rifles. Ideal for tactical shooting with AR's and carbines for example.

We can own any sort of tactical shotgun ( 20" barrel ) any number of them actually. Apart from the usual hunting and clay shotguns.

Full-auto only allowed on the collector licence and not allowed to be shot under any circumstances I believe.

We do not bother to shoot pistols in Sicily , as we can do that here. We leave that only for rifles. The only problem there, is that Nato Calibers are not allowed for civilians ( ex 9x19 mm ), hence we're not allowed to take them there, but .223 rem  or .308's are ... Even a.22LR is fun over there .

Food for tought ... " If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything "

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 03:37:22 AM » by ZU
Thanks everyone. I have arrived the day before yesterday. Beautiful country. We are living in Kappara in a family home until we buy our own. Catching up with Quantum next week and in late discussions with companies to help build our newest knife. This should be more suitable for hunting and a lot cheaper than our Aussie made stuff.

(Read 1414 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29972 Posts
4693 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD