MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     February 22, 2018, 14:33:38 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsMuzzleloaders (BP)Philip de Domenico Revolver Competition »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 2874 times) [1]

Philip de Domenico Revolver Competition
« on: September 30, 2008, 12:07:44 PM » by futru
The competition which was named after our late member Philip de Domenico took place as scheduled on Sun 28th of September.
Six of our members showed up for the competition.
Medals will be presented to the first three.
The shoot was sponsored by our member Sant Fournier James.
Results attached below.

Re: Philip de Domenico Revolver Competition
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 12:26:28 PM » by RB
Hey pistoleros, just take a look at those scores. Assume these are the usual @25m, possibly also single handed - using the same size targets as for the 25m cartridge guns (occasionally also used for 15m...) and with rear sights that are often nothing more than a slot in the frame, front sights "anything but" a Patridge design - as per the original.

Now that is some shooting to aspire to.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:50:10 PM » by centerfire
Hi RB,

It was a nice shooting competition, we really had fun. Personally, I prefer shooting double handed, but I must start practicing single handed also Tongue.  As you said, shooting these guns is very challenging especially when considering the deficiencies that are found, like sight acquisition and reloading but all in all that's the fun part Wink Prosit goes to the orgonizers and keep it up! Wink

SF

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 14:23:49 PM » by PHOENIX
Well done guys - a fitting tribute to our late but never forgotten member Philip deDomenico - a true enthusiast and an even greater gentleman!

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 17:33:54 PM » by centerfire
Very well said! Philip was a great man, we will never forget him!

SF

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 20:22:40 PM » by BLACK EAGLE
The last time I met   Philip  was about  four days  before   Hi  left us .

Hi was shooting  with a  .410 ga shotgun for clay pigion at Maghtab Shooting Range.

As all of you said Hi was  a humble Great man, very few  are like Him.

We never forget you Philip !

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 20:53:15 PM » by Sti-Edge
 I've known Philip since the seventies. We were founder members of Round Table Three (Malta). He was always courteous, polite and extremely helpful especially when we spoke of our common interest. It was always so interesting listening to him speak about historical weapons and accessories. My humble opinion is that we should make this an annual event. If so, I will also
sponsor the 2009 competition. A deserving tribute to such a gentleman!

Sti-Edge

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 21:04:45 PM » by Sti-Edge
Omitted a well done to Alex Vella for organizing the competition. Also a great well done to all participants! Excellent results!
Keep it up!

Sti-Edge

(Read 2874 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29972 Posts
4693 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD