MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     September 26, 2018, 10:13:34 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsOptics, Sighting Systemssome of the best optics »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 1250 times) [1]

some of the best optics
« on: October 05, 2008, 22:36:06 PM » by bergerbullets
I had to write something on this as I have been noticing the quantum leaps these folks at IOR are doing.  Forums are incredible tools when you listen to suggestions from shooters and i guess IOR have really surpassed others by this one.  IT offers same features as the truly high end models for a more competitive market price.
http://www.valdada.com/product/2db3f757-a005-4e3d-a442-ea0370a2a1a8.aspx
Shooters have been asking for a wider range of magnification that is in First Focal Plain. Any magnification shows a True mil reticle.  This means that shooting on 3x and 18x you will not be effected so whether short range big game or those long range targets, you have the tool.

Reticle? well in my opinion this is fabulous, previously only offered by US Optics on a Custom basis, now you have it there infront of you, numbered and everything. no excuses. 1/2 mil increments with a further 1/4Mil also to help ranging as seen on S&B P4 reticle..

Dials match the reticle so no need of conversions. You have 22MILS of Elevation! Thats not MOA but MILS, bringing them very close to S&B(13mils per turn).  For the ones that dont follow this kind of technology, it is harder to get so much MILS per turn, Nightforce only has 5mils per turn but IOR went with 10MILS meaning in one turn you will able to get your 308win out to 1000yards and other calibers in less so you dont get confused in which turn you have to go. supplied with steel rings and all.
better yet, it wont break the bank. something to consider if you are in for a good scope and they are reputed to be solidly built.  I did handle one from a friend back in Malta and the image is really sharp. good to see this sort of innovation.

i just saw that they are also offering a hand held monocular measuring 4inches in length, 10x magnification and includes the same reticle, great for spotting in open hunting type environment without having to lug around large spotting scopes.  someone i know will surely be interested;)

range it, dial it, squeeze the round off.
Certified Precision Rifle Handloader, Basic & Advanced- Russell Simmonds Reloading School - UK

Re: some of the best optics
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 06:42:17 AM » by mildot
I love it when you talk and write about MILS and MILDOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 08:14:33 AM » by Quantumshot
Bergerbullets refers to this :

This First Focal Plane was first made in late 2007 as a special request to IOR.
It is similar to the IOR standard 3-18 x 42 but the reticule is a Modified MP-8 dot with an extra 5 mils at the bottom. The scope features 1cm click value (.1 mils) and it has 22 milradians of adjustment, side focus and sunshade.

Product Data
Magnification............................... .3x-18x
Objective................................... ..42mm
FOV @ 100yds............................. 61' to 8'
Eye Relief.....................................3 .35"
Ocular adjustment........................+4 to -4 dpt
Adj. Range...................................22 Milradians
Click Value...................................1cm (.1 Mils)
Tube........................................ ... 35mm Alloy
Length...................................... ...13.5"
Weight...................................... ...793 grams.

Price Euro 1,100.00
Considering the specifications in this scope, lenses, material and quality build, it well worth the price (at approx Lm 470.00)

Regards
Eric
Email : quantum@keyworld.net

Quantum
158-160, Palm Street, Paola PLA1412
Tel : 21693196

http://www.maltashootingsports.com/shootingtalk/index.php?board=23.0

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 16:49:03 PM » by bergerbullets
I love it when you talk and write about MILS and MILDOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

yes i can see your smile from here! Grin Cheesy

range it, dial it, squeeze the round off.
Certified Precision Rifle Handloader, Basic & Advanced- Russell Simmonds Reloading School - UK

(Read 1250 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD