MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     November 13, 2018, 01:00:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsAirsoft ForumAirsoft dealer in Zebbug »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 9532 times) 1 [2]

Re: Airsoft dealer in Zebbug
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 13:51:16 PM » by RF11
I agree that trigger control is king. However your muscle's and bones have a natural point of aim in relation to the firearm you are holding. Some find a gun has a better natural aim than others, those who have held a Glock then 1911 will know what I mean.

While some say that just keeping the sights aligned is good enough, the action of pressing the trigger may move the entire gun (while sights are still aligned on the bullseye) as opposed to just the front sight, after you fire that first shot the impulse changes the alignment according to your grip strength and weakness, Remember you don't crush the grip with both hands. When dryfiring you don't know if you have the correct grip as there is no report and you don't get to retry as you have to recock (not an issue for revolvers or other DA), This means follow up shots may have been effected by either the recoil or the flexing of the muscles to move the trigger finger.

My reasoning (IMHO  Wink ) is that even though you are squeezing the trigger when dryfiring, you still know there will be no bang. With the airsoft you can perfect your grip and become desensitized to the recoil (while minor) which will carry over to when you are firing the superficial twin. Practicing reloads and stoppage drills and movement while shooting also helps when you can't get to the range and decide to practice at home.

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 15:24:31 PM » by RB
A test for flinch "...even though you are squeezing the trigger when dryfiring, you still know there will be no bang. " is possible with a semi auto, by loading a magazine "blind" with a couple of snap caps thrown in, so just like Russian Roulette with a revolver you never know whether the next shot will go bang or just click. When it goes click, flinch if present will be evident. Nevertheless unless one is uncomfortable with the gun's recoil, generally mental exercises will ensure that it does not make an appearance.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 16:16:07 PM » by Sti-Edge
   Re flinch -

1) Read somewhere and found it quite good - whilst going through the usual procedure required to shoot, keep repeating to yourself "front sight" and follow through in normal manner. This should somehow "cheat" your brains into NOT anticipating the shot. I found it helpful, albeit having another step to follow!

2) You can easily notice a flinch when you use up the whole mag or for some other reason that is when you have no more rounds to fire and still attempt firing. Notice your hand/s actions! Instinctively, after this sort of flinch, you turn round to see who was observing your mistake  Grin   

3) Agree with RB re snap caps. After obtaining the RCO’s approval, get a friend to load and mix live rounds and snap caps in your magazine, sequence not known to you! This will greatly help in observing your actions and movements.

Sti-Edge

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 17:00:30 PM » by RF11
A test for flinch "...even though you are squeezing the trigger when dryfiring, you still know there will be no bang. " is possible with a semi auto, by loading a magazine "blind" with a couple of snap caps thrown in, so just like Russian Roulette with a revolver you never know whether the next shot will go bang or just click. When it goes click, flinch if present will be evident. Nevertheless unless one is uncomfortable with the gun's recoil, generally mental exercises will ensure that it does not make an appearance.

RB

That is the best test for the flinch however it is hard to practice at home due to lack of a shooting range.

Posted by: Sti-Edge
Insert Quote
   Re flinch -

1) Read somewhere and found it quite good - whilst going through the usual procedure required to shoot, keep repeating to yourself "front sight" and follow through in normal manner. This should somehow "cheat" your brains into NOT anticipating the shot. I found it helpful, albeit having another step to follow!

2) You can easily notice a flinch when you use up the whole mag or for some other reason that is when you have no more rounds to fire and still attempt firing. Notice your hand/s actions! Instinctively, after this sort of flinch, you turn round to see who was observing your mistake  Grin   

3) Agree with RB re snap caps. After obtaining the RCO’s approval, get a friend to load and mix live rounds and snap caps in your magazine, sequence not known to you! This will greatly help in observing your actions and movements.

Sti-Edge

have you been watching me shoot?  Wink

Any idea where to get one in Malta, Eric?

Also what i mentioned above is not confined to the flinch problems, it has to do with kinesiology also, and the only way to maximise your ideal grip is through trying different grips; some say not to use your thumbs to grip some say to press the side of the gun with them, others advise placing the weak hand finger on the trigger guard others say under. i am just looking for a cheap alternative that allows me too shoot every day and become proficient with the 'unique' trigger of the Glock.

ETA: apologize for not checking spelling before posting, a simple change of letter made this offensive I apologize if anyone was offend.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 17:09:32 PM by RF11 »

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 17:10:43 PM » by Sti-Edge
[

Posted by: Sti-Edge
Insert Quote
   Re flinch -

Sti-Edge

have you been watching me shoot?  Wink

Any idea where to get one in Malta, Eric?
[/quote]

No, not watching you, flinched myself at Safi and turned round to see who was watching ME  Grin Grin Grin

Sti-Edge

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 17:36:35 PM » by RF11
Seems we may have the same problem, bein so attractive that people have to watch, now all we need is for a couple of supermodels to get lost coming out of the airport and da da da da, da daaaa Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 17:42:33 PM » by RB
Seems we may have the same problem, bein so attractive that people have to watch, now all we need is for a couple of supermodels to get lost coming out of the airport and da da da da, da daaaa Grin  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

RF11, have you been to STI's garden by any chance, and helping yourself to his herbs??  Grin  Grin  Grin

Just kidding to all who are reading this, in case STI gets a visit by the boys in blue!! I have no idea whether he even has a garden  Grin

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 17:53:54 PM » by RF11
Hey I don't even know who you guys are  Cheesy

Did you see his pool though.   Grin

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 17:56:58 PM » by RB
haha lol and his babes, and bling  Cheesy

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 17:58:35 PM » by RF11
I was amazed at the rims on the Porsche, they were spinnin!!! they be SPINNIN!!!!

ETA: have never met STI and this is all in jest, i say this so as not to creep STI out and hide, paranoid looking out of the window.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 18:06:45 PM by RF11 »

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 19:43:39 PM » by sasmalta
Thanks for the write up, I have been looking for a way to practice the glock trigger pull without dry fire and when I saw this I knew it could help.

Does it have the 2 stage feel like the Glock?

Do you know if anyone has this model or one similar at a shop, where did you get it?

I think you need to test yourself if you like visit us next sunday at Victoria Shooters Range and try it out.
Re who has them push those  dealers....

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 19:49:38 PM » by sasmalta

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 20:46:41 PM » by RF11

Thanks i have seen this before I am trying everything to get proficient, I have airpistols, and dryfire but due to the unique trigger of the glock I cannot be sure if it carry's through.

(Read 9532 times) 1 [2]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
630 Members
Latest Member: Cicco