MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     June 23, 2017, 02:40:21 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsGeneral Interest TopicsStolen Air-Rifle - Please Read »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 8095 times) 1 [2]

Re: Stolen Air-Rifle - Please Read
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 20:35:22 PM » by hb357
Sorry guys, somewhere along the way I made a mistake, and my reply appeared as a quote. This is how it should have appeared. Embarrassed

Cordite, accidents can happen anywhere, inculding the range itself. What then? As for being carefull, there is a limit to how vigilant you can be before you end up becoming paranoid. Since these words are being read on the internet, I do not wish to expand further on what prefautions one can take.

Max248 made a very valid point about not using bags with logos. Personally, I've always used an ordinary bag which I use for work. There is no real alternative to rifles. The safest option is if you have a garage as part of the house.

Finally, I don't know who you are Cordite, (perhaps one day we'll be introduced) but do not be offended if you need help on the street, and I walk on by. After all, my guns are safely stored - empty - in my safe. As requested by law!

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 12:20:06 PM » by karbine
We have an added responsibility when issued a firearm licence, so lets preserve this privilege.

What happened to gun ownership being a right?  Our constitution needs a second amendment Grin

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 20:22:36 PM » by max248
Totally with u on the second amendment  Wink

LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 02:57:59 AM » by LCD
   Don't show what you got.
   >Cover the gun case with an old blanket or use a guitar case (like some one else suggested).
   Don't put club stickers on your car.
   If you drive an SUV put the case under the seat.
   It's better if one can unload his vehicle in the garage if it is attached to the house.
   And if you see have any suspicion don't hang around, go to the police.
   NEVER let your emotions make you do stupid things. 

What should also be considered if you have a number of guns is a vault. It can be expensive but it will make it much harder for the bad guys. It will buy you some time and frustrate them a bit more. May be they give up and go away. Some steel cable and bars can be used too. When I was in the army we used to store the bolts in a separate part of the building than the rest of the weapons. There isn't a magical formula and it wouldn't be Fort Knox, but between common sense, and some security hardware things can be much better. 

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 13:43:57 PM » by Vincent
Further to the security issues, LCD has a very good suggestion- Steel cables or bar- INSIDE the safe.
This is sure to make stealing firearms from inside a safe much harder. There is usually limited space for a burglar to saw, snip or grind away through such items.

For those who have an alarm system already installed, please note that a vibration sensor that neatly fits inside then safe or vault, costs just a few euro; It will make it virtually impossible to break the safe open without setting off the alarm. Even if the burglar was to manage to break open somehow, he will have to contend with the steel cable or rod, with the alarm screaming !

Difficult eh ?

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 16:25:40 PM » by LCD

If you need help with electronics for security let me know. That's what I do for living.

BUT you need to physically impede these criminals from getting into your building and to your protected items (guns / jewelry). Bolt that safe seriously to the ground and to the wall. Install the safe in places where the perpetrators can not drag them out of the house easy. Lock the doors and windows especially il-bieb tal-bejt.

Regarding the electronics - don't rely on the noise only. Use a mobile phone transmitter to alert you and the monitoring station. Inform the police that you store firearms, so when they intervene they know what they are up against. Don't buy the cheap stuff.

If you want to go a step further buy the Smoke Cloak. This is a machine that blows liquid nitrogen vapor / smoke and if they can't see they can't take. CCTV around the house is a great tool. One can vie it periodically and see who's been hanging around or it can be analyzed after the hit. Recorders can be as big as a DVD player for multiple cameras or containing a single camera with a built in mini DVD the size of a motion detector.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 13:55:10 PM » by Dirty Gonny
As I have already mentioned in another Topic/thread, I found that my Boa Constrictor will guard my guns adequately.
She needs a little more feeding and growing in order to be the ideal deterrent (at about 8 feet). Rest assured, she doesn't take well to people's scent other than it's owner.

Batteries not included Smiley

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 16:09:02 PM » by MOI
Must have been a very traumatic experience, sorry for you. This person must have studied your routine movements.
BTW what about the get away car any description?

(Read 8095 times) 1 [2]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29945 Posts
4680 Topics
621 Members
Latest Member: sedlja