MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     June 22, 2018, 17:59:19 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsOptics, Sighting SystemsTasco Custom Shop 8-40x scope »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 2786 times) [1]

Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x scope
« on: October 28, 2008, 18:58:53 PM » by RB
Here's the scope that came with my Air Arms Pro-Target. I have not actually tried it out on anything yet, most likely the best place for it would be whence it came, i.e. back on the PT. Although it is one monster of a scope with a x56 objective, 30mm tube and THAT sunshade - make way! So I don't know really.

These Custom Shop Tascos are 90's classics and bear no relation to today's Tascos. They were made in Japan by Hakko and despite their age are still fetching good prices, especially in the UK.

This particular example has been customised with a large sidewheel and a (large) target turret, to make dialling in a breeze, and with 40x mag the rangefinding should be accurate to the inch.

The black anodising or paintwork (unsure which it is) has worn off some sharp corners, not surprising really, especially on the (one) turret cap. If anyone has a pair of target turret caps (the covers) maybe off a busted scope that they can spare, please let me know. Threading seems standard, unfortunately the scopes that I busted have "low" turrets and caps so are unusable.

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

Re: Tasco Custom Shop 8-40x scope
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 19:30:51 PM » by RF11
Whoa look at that big honking scope  Shocked

You'll be signing your targets from a distance with that.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 16:49:37 PM » by Luger
Hi RB,

I'm looking all over the internet for such a scope to put on my CZ S200 but no luck  Sad

Found a couple on ebay US but as you know they will not ship over here.

Just in case you want to sell it............. Wink

Kris

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 17:49:37 PM » by RB
Hey Kris maybe I will -

I'm over-scoped  Shocked at the moment, so...

Let me assemble the Pro-T in a week or so, so I can decide what to plant on top of it... Wink

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 18:37:10 PM » by Luger
Finally some good news............ Kiss Grin Grin Grin

I can already imagine it on my latest finished project..............CZ S200FT  Cool Cool Cool  

This is the finished result..........enjoy...............hear from you soon then  Wink

Kris

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:57:03 AM by Luger »

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not!!!

(Read 2786 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29980 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD