MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     December 17, 2018, 01:06:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumGeneral Interest ForumsOptics, Sighting SystemsI DARE YOU, dont do this:)) well you get what you pay for. »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 922 times) [1]

I DARE YOU, dont do this:)) well you get what you pay for.
« on: October 29, 2008, 00:03:52 AM » by bergerbullets
this is an excellent review portraying the durability of Schmidt and Bender, as we say, "ninzalu il kappell"  it takes some balls to batter a lm1000 optic that way especially if its yours.
i didn't write this review but i had saved it when i read it and knowing that some of you did indeed purchase this scope well have a look
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wanted to see if one of my S&B's could stand up to a little rough housing today and if the USMC, SOCOM, US Navy, USCG, FBI HRT, and David Tubbs were somehow not smart for using S&B. The S&B I used was a 3-12X50 PMIILP w/ GenII Mildot, essentially the same optic as the first run M8541's minus the USMC designation, SN, and NSN on the ocular bell. I sank, beat, threw, dropped, and dragged the optic, putting it through as much as I was willing to do it. Before that though I marked on a target 39 yards away that was 1 mil in elevation and 1 mil left from a POA.

First on the agenda was a submersion test in 3ft of water for two hours dropped from approximately 2-3 ft.

reticle was wet, but there was NO water inside

Hammering tent stakes, sorry no nails..all I had were tent stakes:

recovery after 2 hours

It's getting ready to do it's Superman thing:

It landed ocular first with the flip up open, dirt was inside but no scratches to the lens

Drop from 8 ft give or take onto a concrete and gravel mix:

By the end one flip cap had been pulled off and the other one was open with dirt and debris covering both lenses. After being dunked in the water it was submerged in, cleaned, and dried off, both lenses were absolutely fine.

After the optic was mounted and torqued down the crosshairs were placed on the spot representing 1 mil in elevation and windage. The knobs were taken back to zero and the optic tracked perfectly back to the original POA. What does all of this mean...not much really other than I'm crazy or I'm just really confident in the products that I buy.

range it, dial it, squeeze the round off.
Certified Precision Rifle Handloader, Basic & Advanced- Russell Simmonds Reloading School - UK

Re: I DARE YOU, dont do this:)) well you get what you pay for.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 06:09:34 AM » by p3x795mt
TA GUTS.   

(Read 922 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29981 Posts
4697 Topics
630 Members
Latest Member: Cicco