MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     April 26, 2018, 10:33:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsCollectors CornerManurhin MR 96 »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 22655 times) 1 [2]

Re: Manurhin MR 96
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 00:14:38 AM » by bergerbullets
Hi Sturm, i caught up late on this one, with regard to barrel length, its not necessarily that it will increase accuracy, many BR rigs are chambered for 20" barrels that are very stiff, hardly any taper to them about 0.9" at muzzle.  depending on Caliber propellant and bullet, it is generally accepted that for each inch you increase after about 24" a 308win will gain about 25-35ft/s.  its not much but if you go from a 24" barrel to a 32" barrel Palma contour (for weight) you will gain almost 150ft/s which if you are trying to make it supersonic to the 1000+yards with 155scenars it is really helpful.  infact here shooters with the tikka rifles chambered in 308 really struggle to make it to 1000yard with any consistancy.

the bigger the caliber, the more you can squeeze out of it with 30-34" barrels, the gain of which is only seen at long distance really. you will either use a light bullet like the 155grain and push the load abit or else go with the likes of 185scenars which tend to make it better out there and less wind drift for the same value. another interesting point which i learnt here and from people i have been speaking to is this
a velocty Spread of 50ft/s between your lowest velocity and your highest velocity at a 1000yds will usually cause the bullet to string about 18inches at a 1000.  the same 50ft/s spread with a 338 will usually not string more than 8" vertically at same distance making it more forgiving and thus more efficient to about 1500m.  Infact shooters reloading specifically for 1000yard competition make sure their Extreme spread is in the low teens and Single Digit Standard deviation.  18ft/s Extreme spread is a good common ground if you want to keep your bullets in the same elevation setting. unlike what many think, a bullet that needs more elevation at a particular distance doesnt mean that it will be like that long the whole distance. it could be very possible that a particular bullet shot at 800m needs 28MOA of elevation while another bullet might need 30MOA at the same distance.  the same bullets fired at 1100m will show you that the bullet that need 28MOA at 800m now needs 47MOA at 1100m while the other only requires 43MOA at the same distance even if it appeared more loopy initially.

when shooting the 7.5x55 Ruag ammo here i noticed that you will get 5 or 6 rounds on the center of the Figure 11 target while the next 4 or 5 shots might be at the heels of the same figure target even if you are sure that the shot was called correctly.  after this happend a couple of times i took the chrono and ran some rounds over it and they showed more than 138ft/s difference. this is ammo that is used for 300m qualification over here but its affordable and many shooters like to start with it to get an initial zero before they throw expensive ammo down range. it does well at 300m averaging 4-5inch out of a semi auto rifle. again the most consistant performance ive seen at this distance of 1100m is the 338 hitting the target in the same bloody spot all day long with handloaded 250lapua scenars sitting over 94grains of vihtavouri N20N29 and magnum primers. its abit hot but not toomuch. the target might have suffered from stomach ache later in the day Grin

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 00:26:30 AM by bergerbullets »

range it, dial it, squeeze the round off.
Certified Precision Rifle Handloader, Basic & Advanced- Russell Simmonds Reloading School - UK

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 10:46:15 AM » by Sturmgewehr
Thanks Berger,very interesting writeup.

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 12:37:17 PM » by RB
Unless your RB ,loosing the odd inch or two here and there not a problem..

Good shooting,K38..

It's not the size, it's what you do with it  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Tongue  Tongue  Grin  Grin

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 13:02:27 PM » by K38
ANOTHER HIJACK..
Please SASMALTA  hit this post with some Guuuuuuns, Buuuuuums  &  BOOOOOBS before I  OD  on Rifle Loading Data ZZZZZZZZ....

Good handgun shooting,
K38,

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 13:04:34 PM » by RB
ANOTHER HIJACK..
Please SASMALTA  hit this post with some Guuuuuuns, Buuuuuums  &  BOOOOOBS before I  OD  on Rifle Loading Data ZZZZZZZZ....

Good handgun shooting,
K38,

+1 !!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin

RB

The Bright Side: "Sir! We're surrounded!" - "Excellent! We can shoot in any direction!"

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 07:49:45 AM » by ernildo
La Manurhin Mr 96 è costruita con un ciclo di produzione più moderno per quello costa meno, non ha tutte le regolazioni della MR73,  perché è regolata alla perfezione in fabbrica, nonostante il costo inferiore (l’ho pagata 850,00€ nel 2003 la MR73 ne costava 1500,00€) è un’arma di concezione moderna fatta per la difesa personale, permette una velocità di sparo pari ad una semiautomatica, anche il rifornimento del tamburo è più veloce che in altri revolver, inoltre il rilevamento anche con cariche magnum è minimo e permette di gestire perfettamente l’arma.
Personalmente nelle gare di tiro rapido del tiro a segno locale mi ha fatto vincere con ampio margine rispetto al secondo classificato, purtroppo nella gara di domenica 18/04/2010  a due colpi dalla fine mi è esploso un colpo nel tamburo (sono comunque arrivato secondo e sono stato il più veloce, la classifica è visibile http://www.tsnlaspezia.it/RISULTATI%20tiro%20rapido.htm  un’altra nota triste di questa storia è che la Manurhin che ora si chiama CHAPUIS ARME non fabbrica più la MR96.
Saluti ernildo
The Manurhin Mr 96 with a more modern cycle of production are built for that coast less, it doesn't have all the regulations of the MR73, because it is regulated to the perfection in factory, despite the inferior cost (I have paid her 850,00€ in 2003 the MR73 it cost 1500,00€ of them) it is a weapon of conception modern sort for the personal defense, it allows a speed of equal shot to a semiautomatic, also the restocking of the cylinder is faster than in other revolvers, besides the survey also with loaded magnum is least and allows to perfectly manage the weapon. 
Personally in the competitions of rapid draught of the draught to local sign it  has made me win with ample border in comparison to the classified second, unfortunately in the competition of Sunday 18/04/2010 to two hits from the end are exploded me a hit in the cylinder (I  have arrived second however and I have been the fastest, the classification is visible onhttp://www.tsnlaspezia.it/RISULTATI%20tiro%20rapido.htm  another sad note of this history is that the Manurhin what time it calls CHAPUIS ARME it doesn't manufacture the MR96 anymore. 
You greet ernildo 

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 19:38:26 PM » by xanthus
Ben Venuto, Ernildo. Smiley

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 21:02:09 PM » by ernildo
grazie per il benvenuto, domani forse proverò un nuovo tipo di revolver, nel poligono di Forte Canarbino c'è una gara western e per l'occasione Chiappa Firearms presentera Rhino. 
 Saluti ernildo
thanks for the welcome one, tomorrow I will perhaps try a new type of revolver, in the polygon of Forte Canarbino there is a competition western and for the occasion Chiappa Firearms will introduce Rhino. 
 You greet ernildo

(Read 22655 times) 1 [2]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29976 Posts
4696 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD