MaltaShootingSports.com Forum
SimpleMachinesForum     February 22, 2018, 14:41:55 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register today with Malta Shooting Sports Forum!
« MaltaShootingSports.com ForumSpecific Interest ForumsArchery, CrossbowsX calibur »
ThreadTools

Print

Random Pics

(Read 2364 times) [1]

X calibur
« on: November 11, 2008, 22:41:42 PM » by LCD
Simple and very powerful.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m/content/article.php?content_id=1

I love this product and it works. This one is mine -  Tongue

Re: X calibur
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 23:00:42 PM » by RF11
Simple and very powerful.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m/content/article.php?content_id=1

I love this product and it works. This one is mine -  Tongue

Nice,

What kind of speed and range do you get out of it?

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 17:36:05 PM » by LCD
I never put it to the chrono but they claim 330 feet / second. This is the Exocet 200. Some friends of mine measured theirs up to 338. . Lets' face it I use it for hunting white tail deer and at 30 meters it sometimes go right trough the vital area using the Wasp bread heads. It does the job for me very nicely.

One thing I watch out in a bow is the performance in extreme weather. It would be devastating to have the limbs or the string break in very cold temperatures. Some alloys can break like glass in our conditions.

Another thumbs up is the lack of complicated mechanics which can jam if iced up. This one is simple and very good.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:46:09 AM » by Adriano
I never put it to the chrono but they claim 330 feet / second. This is the Exocet 200. Some friends of mine measured theirs up to 338. . Lets' face it I use it for hunting white tail deer and at 30 meters it sometimes go right trough the vital area using the Wasp bread heads. It does the job for me very nicely.

One thing I watch out in a bow is the performance in extreme weather. It would be devastating to have the limbs or the string break in very cold temperatures. Some alloys can break like glass in our conditions.

Another thumbs up is the lack of complicated mechanics which can jam if iced up. This one is simple and very good.
Yes that's all very well. It is a beauty. Must be real fun using it. But here in Malta where can one use it ? We couln't even try it out at Safi since we are limited to 9mm calibre.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 08:51:56 AM » by Sti-Edge
====
 SAFI URGENT NOTICE
on: November 26, 2008, 13:28:32 PM by Vincent
All shooters please note that as of today, 26 th November, practice at Safi is limited to calibers "9mm and below".
This communication has arrived from the AFM just this morning.

It appears that the reason being given is "richochets that are landing in nearby fields".
I know what you are all thinking the obvious, namely that caliber has zero to do with this effect; A far more logical explanation is that the backstop needs some maintenance.

Please bear with us until the situation is somehow rectified.

Vincent
Unquote
=====

Oh my, seems we're becoming self regulating on this forum. The minute there's some little problem we decide immediately what the future holds for us! Never the less, have a good day everyone, bit difficult with this lousy weather  Grin

Sti-Edge

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 12:41:01 PM » by RF11
Yes that's all very well. It is a beauty. Must be real fun using it. But here in Malta where can one use it ? We couln't even try it out at Safi since we are limited to 9mm calibre.

Maybe at one of the Archery Ranges in Marsa (outdoor) or Pembroke (indoor).

(Read 2364 times) [1]
Jump to:  
UserTools

Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Members List
Statistics
Login
Register

(Choose color)

LatestNews

Welcome to Malta Shooting Sports.com!

Register today with Malta Shooting Sports.com and join in the active discussions about your favourite sport and hobby!

REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS - PLEASE READ

EXISTING MEMBERS - REMEMBER, YOU NEED TO LOG IN TO VIEW MANY PARTS OF THE FORUM, AND ALSO IMAGES.

ForumStats

29972 Posts
4693 Topics
629 Members
Latest Member: CarmeloD